You are not logged in.
I have a gnome-keyring, its password the same as my user account, keyring name "login", marked as "default".
I use lightdm, and have followed the instructions on how to let my user account login automatically on boot. (Though I must admit, I'm not sure what I'm supposed/able to put into autologin-session, if anything). This seems to work fine, and I get into my Openbox session without any noticeable issues.
When I run seahorse, I see my keyring still locked, and get prompted to unlock it when I e.g. do anything GPG or SSH related.
If I "Exit" the Openbox session, returning to the lightdm login screen, and manually log-in as the same user (this time of course inputting my password), things are a little different - this keyring is already unlocked.
What on earth is going on? Not only is the behaviour inconsistent across logins (all subsequent logins work fine too - there's just something "special"/bad about the initial autologin), but also this seems to contradict the wiki, which states:
(On the lightdm page): Note: GNOME users, and by extension any gnome-keyring user will have to set up a blank password to their keyring for it to be unlocked automatically.
(On the Gnome-Keyring page): To use automatic unlocking, the same password for the user account and the keyring have to be set. (admittedly, in the PAM section)
System Info:
linux 4.13.4-1
linux-ck 4.12.14-1
gnome-keyring 1:3.20.0+57+g9db67ef6-1
libgnome-keyring 3.12.0-2
lightdm 1:1.22.0-1
lightdm-gtk-greeter 1:2.0.2-1 (this is the greeter I use)
And the only other files I've deliberately modified are .pam_environment:
SSH_AGENT_PID DEFAULT=
SSH_AUTH_SOCK DEFAULT="${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}/gnupg/S.gpg-agent.ssh"and added "enable-ssh-support" to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.
If there're any specific logs I should post, or the contents of config files, I'm open to any and all suggestions. I asked in IRC and despite some discussion couldn't seem to get to the bottom of the problem.
ArchLinux | x86_64 | linux-ck-ivybridge
ThinkPad X230 | 12.5" | i5-3320M (2.5GHz) | HD 4000 | 16GB (1600MHz) | 256GB mSATA SSD | 2TB HDD
ThinkPad T430 | 14.1" | i7-3520M (2.9GHz) | GF108M (NVS 5400M) | 16GB (1600MHz) | 256GB mSATA SSD | 1TB HDD | 500GB HDD
Offline
I'm sorry for being late. I stumbled across this and thought I might as well answer.
In order to unlock the GNOME keyring when you automatically log in, you need to set a blank keyring password.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Keyring#Automatic_login
Offline
Hi,
I am not sure if this is true. According to the Arch Wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … ay_manager), the keyring must be named "login". I do happen to have the same problem as @aphirst. First login does not unlock the keyring, later logins do. I do not want to remove the password of my keyring because then, the passwords are saved in plain text.
Edit: I also realized that when renaming the keyring to login and if this keyring is the only one, it will be named "Default keyring" in `seahorse`.
Last edited by fazky (2018-03-06 08:28:13)
Offline