You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-11 18:39:58

tron

error messages at the end of every YAOURT package installation!!!

error: missing 'fontsproto>=2.1.3' dependency for 'libxfont'
error: file owned by 'chromium-pepper-flash' and 'pepper-flash': 'usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so'
error: file owned by 'chromium-pepper-flash' and 'pepper-flash': 'usr/lib/PepperFlash/manifest.json'
error: file owned by 'libtinfo' and 'ncurses': 'usr/lib/libtinfo.so'
error: file owned by 'libtinfo' and 'ncurses': 'usr/lib/libtinfo.so.6'

Every time I install a package using 'yaourt' I get the above message at the end. I have checked all the permissions on the files listed and they are owned by 'root'. I replaced the 'fontproto', it is not in the package list any longer for 'pacman' or 'yaourt'. I have 'libxfont', 'libxfont', 'xorgproto' versions from 'pacman' and 'yaourt' repositories.

Basically, HOW do I fix these errors?

#2 2018-03-11 18:53:21

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: error messages at the end of every YAOURT package installation!!!

The listed files are owned by two packages. You have probably run a pacman -S --force or similar (or maybe yaourt ran it for you, that would not be surprising).

The immediate solution is to uninstall whichever of those pairs of packages is old/not in the repos.

The correct solution is not to force installs.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2018-03-11 23:24:15

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Please use code tags, not ins tags.  That is really quite hard to read on some forum themes.

tron wrote:

versions from 'pacman' and 'yaourt' repositories.

There are no such things as "yaourt" repositories.  I'd strongly advise you stop using yaourt (for now).  Use manual methods for aur first, and perhaps then a simple helper tool until you have a fair understanding of what the AUR is and how it works.  If at that time you still see value in using yaourt, have at it (but I highly doubt you will).

Last edited by Trilby (2018-03-11 23:25:19)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2018-03-12 02:57:54

tron

Thanks, Trilby and ngoonee, not sure which package is old/not in repo, but, will check on it....And, Trilby, yeah, I noticed the problem I created in using ins after it was done. Sorry about that....and I will be looking into options other than 'yaourt'....ngoonee, I never use '-f', it just never seemed like the smart play for me..still have a lot to learn, but, I like Arch so it's wotrth the effort...thanks again!

Board footer