You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-12 00:54:46

miller0521

KDE system 'halt'

I am really liking this distribution, it feels like Gentoo but has the ease of Debian... I am jus tcurious about one thing, I use KDE typically because I like Kdevelop and Kompare, anyways, I use a program called Kmess, its an instant messaging program. The problem I run into is that when I have a chat window minimizied, I know that I am getting a new message because for a second I can't do anything, my mouse stops moving and everything, then the new message sound is made and the chat window flashes on the taskbar.

I'm just wondering if this is Kmess, or if there is something known about KDE that is causing this.

Thanks

#2 2006-07-12 01:24:14

ducttapeBigSexy
Website

Re: KDE system 'halt'

Yeah, this is a problem with KDE - I have the same issue.  I forget where I read it (the Wiki, I'm thinking), but the solution is to disable the sound server running in real time.

Open KControl, Sound & Multimedia, Sound System, and under "Skip Prevention," uncheck "Run with the highest possibly priority (realtime priority)."  Click Apply and you'll be good smile

#3 2006-07-12 01:34:33

miller0521

Re: KDE system 'halt'

Thanks friend. I tell you though, I've used tons of distros, but I think I've recently found the one I'll stick with. Like I said, its got the speed of Gentoo, but the ease of Debian disttros such as Mepis. I hate compiling everything from source. Thanks agian

Board footer