You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-15 21:49:24

davidinkent

pulseaudio output hardware.

My setting for pulseaudio volume control hardware output is HDMI and after setting this in 'Pulse Audio Volume Control Settings', my audio plays just fine. Unfortunately it often loses this setting on reboot (sometimes - not always) and reverts to Analog (alphabetically first in the list). I have searched for a .conf or .config file which has a setting to uncomment without success. I have pulseaudio and pulseaudio-alsa installed and the sound is not muted in alsa. Is there a way of fixing this HDMI output as default?

#2 2018-03-16 09:49:01

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: pulseaudio output hardware.

pacmd list-cards
pacmd list-sinks

for starters, there's not really any actable information in your post as it stands, to be able to suggest proper solutions.

#3 2018-03-16 19:32:06

davidinkent

Re: pulseaudio output hardware.

Thanks. I have an intel nuc5cpyh connected to a benq monitor with built in speakers. The audio comes through hdmi. In PulseAudio Volume Control you configure the output by selecting one of several outputs. I select 'Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output'. From time to time when I play a YouTube video there is no sound because this configuration has reverted to the output at the top of the list which is 'Analogue Stereo Duplex' (i.e. a non-existent source). I searched in vain for a method of making the 'Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output' the default. I have already run ALSA to ensure that the sound is not muted. At the moment (fingers crossed) the audio is working correctly.

Board footer