You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 18:15:44

coffeeguy

Nautilus Open in terminal does not work

When I right click and try to 'Open in terminal', I get a new terminal window with directory set at home. I wanted to get my head around the thing, so I tried using nautilus as root using the terminal to see what kind of errors it spits out. Amazingly, everything there works like a charm. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?

#2 2018-03-16 18:19:19

Slithery
Administrator

Re: Nautilus Open in terminal does not work

What isn't working as you expect?

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2018-03-16 20:29:57

ooo

Slithery wrote:

If I understood correctly, terminal always opens the shell in home directory, instead of the directory where it was opened in nautilus?

In any case, what terminal emulator you're using? This works for me with gnome-terminal.

#4 2018-03-17 01:39:57

coffeeguy

Slithery wrote:

When I change directories in nautilus (lets suppose I change it to ~/Downloads/MyFolder) and I have something to tinker here and there using the terminal, I usually right click inside the the nautilus window and choose 'Open in Terminal'. Now theoretically, gnome-terminal is supposed to open set in the ~/Downloads/MyFolder and not in the user home.But that does not occur in my case. gnome-terminal opens itself into my home folder. Now this problem does not occur whenever I try to run nautilus as root.

Board footer