You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-23 12:34:19

leniviy

Role of /usr/$triplet/bin

Hi.
I need to test cross-compilation in my own autotools-based project, which requires glib2, and for that reason I created aarch64-linux-gnu-glib2.
After configuring with "--prefix=/usr/${_target}" and "--host=${_target}" glib2 installed some ARM aarch64 binaries to "/usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/". What should I do with them? The cross binutils also have its binaries in that directory, but they're x86-64.

Our wiki describes a trick to cross-build with buggy Makefiles which could invoke "ar", "ld", "strip" without arch prefixes, that is adding /usr/$triplet/bin to $PATH :
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cr … s_thing.3F

If other packages install their binaries into the same dir, that can make it impossible to use the trick above.

Arch 64, xfce4

#2 2018-03-25 06:09:37

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: Role of /usr/$triplet/bin

Why do you need aarch64 binaries for your cross-compiler toolchain? You won't be able to run them...

That whole filesystem structure is meant for files that are useful on your x86_64 machine for cross-compiling to aarch64. That includes things like binutils and gcc, and possibly things like glibc or I guess glib2 libraries for linking into aarch64 binaries, but binaries aren't very useful on the host...

Not that it really matters, as you are unlikely to actually use those binaries with the aarch64 triplet pah in your $PATH.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer