You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 03:01:05

Batou

Pacman database check shows errors... complains about old, uninstalled

Hi all,
Today I performed a backup and I also performed some basic maintenance tasks. One thing that I noticed was this:

$ pacman -Dkk
error: missing 'rfkill>=0.4-3' dependency for 'archboot'
error: missing 'yp-tools>=2.12-2' dependency for 'archboot'
error: missing 'eventlog>=0.2.12-3' dependency for 'archboot'
error: missing 'wine' dependency for 'playonlinux'
error: missing 'wine' dependency for 'wine-mono'
error: missing 'wine' dependency for 'winetricks'

Now, I installed archboot over a year ago and uninstalled it day after since I had no use for it. Wine was pretty much the same story... tried it last year, couldn't get some Win program to run with it, uninstalled it.  None of these packages appear when I do 'pacman -Q' and there's no trace of wine, archboot, winetricks, playonlinux etc in '/var/lib/pacman/local'. I even ran a full text search on everything in '/var/lib/pacman/local' and there's no trace of these packages.

Why is pacman complaining about them? Where is it digging the info about these packages from? Any way to get rid of these errors?

Thanks!

BTW, these errors are not impacting anything really.... I can install/upgrade/uninstall everything just fine.

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#2 2018-03-29 03:08:32

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Pacman database check shows errors... complains about old, uninstalled

You're checking the sync databases, those errors have nothing to do with what you have installed.

#3 2018-03-29 03:57:32

Batou

Scimmia wrote:

You're checking the sync databases, those errors have nothing to do with what you have installed.

OK, so is there anything I should do about these errors?

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#4 2018-03-29 04:08:04

Scimmia
Fellow

Nope. The archboot ones are package problems, the wine ones are just because you don't have multilib set up.

#5 2018-03-29 04:40:00

Batou

Scimmia wrote:

Nope. The archboot ones are package problems, the wine ones are just because you don't have multilib set up.

Thank you Scimmia!
Yeah, I removed multilib from the conf since I don't use anything from that repo. It was a waste of time having pacman to sync with it.

Board footer