You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 13:46:28

bilux

MobyDroid - GUI Android Device Manager for Linux

Hello every one,

MobyDroid is a simple and cross-platform Android Devices Manager.
It runs on any operating system with Java support (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris…).

AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mobydroid/

Github Page: https://github.com/ibilux/MobyDroid

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ibilu … taller.png

Last edited by bilux (2018-04-04 10:00:46)

#2 2018-04-03 13:53:11

ewaller
Administrator

Re: MobyDroid - GUI Android Device Manager for Linux

This is more an advertisement than a legitimate community contribution.  You joined today and dropped this, your first post, with a screenshot (which I shall be changing to a link as it is oversized per our Code of Conduct).   There is no evidence you have actually run this program on Arch Linux or have checked and resolved any dependencies (hint, it will not run on a base Arch system).

Please create a PKGBUILD for your program and submit it to our AUR.  If I see no progress in that direction, I will be closing and dust binning this thread.

Edit:  The original poster has created a PKGBUILD for this program big_smile

Last edited by ewaller (2018-04-04 13:48:18)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2018-04-03 13:55:23

bilux

ewaller wrote:

This is more an advertisement than a legitimate community contribution.  You joined today and dropped this, your first post, with a screenshot (which I shall be changing to a link as it is oversized per our Code of Conduct).   There is no evidence you have actually run this program on Arch Linux or have checked and resolved any dependencies (hint, it will not run on a base Arch system).

Please create a PKGBUILD for your program and submit it to our AUR.  If I see no progress in that direction, I will be closing and dust binning this thread.

I'm using Manjaro. it count as an arch, right? because i found all what i need in the AUR.

I already have an AUR account, and made some packages on it. but, can you show me the best way to create a PKGBUILD?

Last edited by bilux (2018-04-03 14:00:07)

#4 2018-04-03 13:58:00

ewaller
Administrator

Sure, they are actually pretty simple. 

Here is a pretty good article in our Wiki that provides a starting point.  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_packages

Edit:  BTW, the PKGBUILD works not just for Arch Linux, but for every distribution that uses a Pacman based package manager.  Certainly all of the Arch Forks (Manjaro, Arch Linux Arm, etc....)

Last edited by ewaller (2018-04-03 13:59:59)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#5 2018-04-03 14:01:45

bilux

ewaller wrote:

Sure, they are actually pretty simple. 

Here is a pretty good article in our Wiki that provides a starting point.  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_packages

Edit:  BTW, the PKGBUILD works not just for Arch Linux, but for every distribution that uses a Pacman based package manager.  Certainly all of the Arch Forks (Manjaro, Arch Linux Arm, etc....)

Yes I'm using Manjaro.

Thank you.

#6 2018-04-04 10:01:56

bilux

#7 2018-04-04 13:49:48

ewaller
Administrator

Excellent!  Thank you, and welcome to the community.  I struck my concerns from my previous post.

---

#8 2018-09-16 11:04:31

cabrfeidh

I am struggling to get this to work.

Opening with the command mobydroid results in 'INFO: [JadbLauncher] : Launched.' within terminal before 'SEVERE: [UpdateDevices] : java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out).'

It opens eventually but has an 'ADB not started!' warning (despite ADB working perfectly) and freezes completely.

I have java-10-openjdk (default) and java-7-openjdk/jre installed.

Board footer