You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-13 10:37:56

Volle

[Solved] KDE plasma HiDPI scaling inconsistent

Hey,

ever since i got my notebook (Lenovo T550) i have difficulties in setting up a correct scaling of it's 3K screen.

Lately everything is almost fine, except when I open an application from within another application things are getting weird.
I created a new user just to make sure all my attempts from before do not affect what I'm seeing.

The only thing I did change on the new user is the fonts DPI setting in the system settings of KDE plasma.

When i open dolphin everything looks kind of good but as soon as I open a text file in Kate by double clicking the file, Kate seems to ignore the DPI I setup earlier.
Its the same when i open Dolphin from within Kate ( or if I open Konsole from within Dolphin).

Is there some setting I'm missing (something as "apply settings to child windows")?

Here a screenshot which might explain it better than the text above.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Last edited by Volle (2018-04-06 09:49:37)

#2 2018-02-13 14:35:18

syms

Re: [Solved] KDE plasma HiDPI scaling inconsistent

you should try to set font scaling in system settings > diplay and monitor > Scale display and set the scale factor you want. That way, not only text, but buttons controls etc will scale accordingly

#3 2018-02-13 14:47:45

Volle

thanks for your fast reply.
Yes, i did mess around with the scale display setting before but this ends in the same problem....

When i open e.g. Kate by double clicking a text file in Dolphin, the Kate will be displayed without proper scaling...

#4 2018-04-06 09:49:12

Volle

I just reinstalled my machine and all the scaling problems are gone. It seems there was some setting left over from my tries to solve these problems ... Marking as solved

Board footer