You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-23 15:34:46

Sandro

Wi-Fi slows down when using Bluetooth on Atheros QCA9377 adapter

Hello, I'm having issues with my Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 network adapter on my laptop. Specifically, I'm using ath10k drivers and the correct device firmware. Wi-Fi has always worked fine, now I'm trying to use a pair of bluetooth headphones and I'm noticing that as they are connected the Wi-Fi connection slows down incredibly and becomes basically unusable. I searched the web about kernel parameters for Wi-Fi/bluetooth coexistence, but I haven't found anything for ath10k, maybe here someone is able to give me some advice. Thank you.

#2 2018-04-24 11:57:01

radiomike

Re: Wi-Fi slows down when using Bluetooth on Atheros QCA9377 adapter

Basically your bluetooth and wifi transmitters are interfering with each other because they are in close proximity. Bluetooth runs on 2.4ghz and most likely, so does your wifi connection.

The simplest solution is to move to 5ghz for your wifi, this should solve it, but as the transmitters in a laptop are so close it's not totaly guaranteed. If you are unable to use 5ghz, you could try using different wifi channels on 2.4ghz to see if it makes a difference, however while you may see an improvement, it's unlikely to solve anything.

If you are unable to change the wifi, you could look at using either external bluetooth or wifi dongles or both.

If you are unable to do any of the above, a more drastic approach would be to look at re-routing the arials inside your laptop.

It is also possible that you can make either the bluetooth or wifi play better by changing kernel parameters, but it will always be at the expense of bandwith.

Unfortunately this is a common problem in many devices, including phones.

#3 2018-04-25 11:17:51

Sandro

Re: Wi-Fi slows down when using Bluetooth on Atheros QCA9377 adapter

Thank you for your answer. I am aware of the interference related issues, I solved by connecting my laptop to the 5GHz band of my router, as you said.
I asked here because I know that there are parameters to help Wi-Fi and bluetooth work together correctly for ath9k drivers, so I wanted to know if something similar existed also for ath10k.

Board footer