You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-25 20:19:25

Kamikadze

failed to complete transaction (conflicting files)

I'm trying to install the npm package:

resolving dependencies ...
Conflict checking ...

Packages (2) node-gyp-3.6.2-1 npm-5.8.0-2

Will be installed: 25.58 MiB

verification keychain ...
checking the integrity of the package ...
downloading package files ...
checking for possible file conflicts ...
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/stringify-package.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/changelog.md' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/index.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / license' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / node_modules / concat-stream / LICENSE' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/index.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/.travis.yml' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / node_modules / concat-stream / node_modules / typedarray / LICENSE' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/example/tarray.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/index.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/package.json' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/readme.markdown' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/test/server/undef_globals.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/typedarray/test/tarray.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/package.json' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/concat-stream/readme.md' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/.travis.yml' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / node_modules / duplexify / LICENSE' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/README.md' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/example.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/index.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/.npmignore' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/.travis.yml' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / node_modules / duplexify / node_modules / stream-shift / LICENSE' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/README.md' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/index.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/package.json' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/stream-shift/test.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/package.json' exists in the file system
npm: '/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/node_modules/mississippi/node_modules/duplexify/test.js' exists in the file system
npm: '/ usr / lib / node_modules / npm / node_modules / cacache / node_modules / mississippi / node_modules / end-of-stream / LICENSE' exists in the file system

I truncated the conclusion, there are a lot of files!
I can not delete as many files by hand and other methods is also not possible, please help

#2 2018-04-25 20:30:32

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: failed to complete transaction (conflicting files)

You installed npm outside of the package manager, all of these files are dependencies of npm.  Just remove /usr/lib/node_modules/npm and install the repo package.

Last edited by V1del (2018-04-25 20:31:18)

#3 2018-04-26 21:07:24

Kamikadze

V1del wrote:

You installed npm outside of the package manager, all of these files are dependencies of npm.  Just remove /usr/lib/node_modules/npm and install the repo package.

The thing is, I only installed npm using pacman! It's some kind of glitch in the system I don't understand where it came from, I like the Troll the one who made the system.
All the problem is solved now, but the glitch remains a mystery.

#4 2018-04-26 21:18:56

loqs

That would indicate the pacman database for npm was corrupted.  I would suggest you consider running pacrepairdb from pacutils.

#5 2018-04-26 22:17:10

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Kamikadze wrote:

I like the Troll the one who made the system.
All the problem is solved now, but the glitch remains a mystery.

That would be Allan. Whenever something goes mysteriously wrong, we blame him. He has become quite crafty over the years.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#6 2018-04-27 00:40:14

twelveeighty

Kamikadze wrote:

The thing is, I only installed npm using pacman

You probably have used npm to install a global package, using the -g switch. By default this command installs packages under /usr/lib/node_modules/npm. This happens outside of pacman, which is causing the conflict.

#7 2018-04-27 00:51:16

loqs

@twelveeighty how could Kamikadze have installed an npm module before npm was on the system?  Also also the files Kamikadze listed are supplied by the npm package.

Board footer