You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-18 01:45:47

dekeract

How to get keybindings working with cyrillic keyboard layout

I am having trouble when using Cyrillic layout, for example when I press ctrl+c, it doesn't respond, I do realise why this is, but how do I remap keys to send the correct signal, and still be able to write in cyrillic (without changing the layout), if it is possible at all?

#2 2018-05-18 02:41:37

circleface

Re: How to get keybindings working with cyrillic keyboard layout

Which DE/WM are you using?  There may be an option in the settings that lets you remap keys.

#3 2018-05-18 02:50:40

dekeract

I am using awesome wm and have already mapped some cyrillic keys to execute system commands, but what I really need is direct letter to letter remapping so that I can use vim and similar applications without having to separately configure each of them.

#4 2018-05-18 07:33:17

seth

You want to use multiple keyboard layouts and a switch key, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … rd_layouts
You could probably automize this when switching between input and command mode in vim and some WM (no idea about awesome, sorry) might allow you to script this depending on the active window attributes (class, title, ...) but there's oc. no general way for the system to magically know whether you want to input cyrillic or latin at this very moment.

Board footer