You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-27 13:01:55

sk8shape

Can't connect to my home router during installation

Hello folks, today I decided to install arch on my laptop (Dell E7450 just for the record), I am not new to the arch installation process as I have gone trough it a couple times already, but today I had a new strange issue.

When I tried to use the

wifi-menu

the connection went trough but when I tried to ping google I had no answer until I input CTRL+C and got back something like "40 packages sent 0 packages recieved".

I also tried to use my ethernet connection, but still no dice. I sarted/enabled/killed/restarted dhcpcd in every way I could find on the wiki or old forum posts.
I need to mention tought that when I tried to use my samsung phone as a hotspot I got a ping from google that makes everything stranger.

If you have any sort of input on this I would really appreciate that, also please explain me how to format in order to have it displayed as a command to be run in the shell cause I don't know.

Last edited by sk8shape (2018-05-27 13:03:38)

#2 2018-05-27 15:05:37

d_fajardo

Re: Can't connect to my home router during installation

Have you tried rebooting your router? We have a router at work where my phone connects without a problem but often my Arch laptop won't connect. The only way I can connect with my laptop is by rebooting the router.

#3 2018-05-27 16:39:44

sk8shape

Re: Can't connect to my home router during installation

d_fajardo wrote:

Have you tried rebooting your router? We have a router at work where my phone connects without a problem but often my Arch laptop won't connect. The only way I can connect with my laptop is by rebooting the router.

I'll give it a shot

Board footer