You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-04 12:47:12

George3d6
Website

Skype for linux recording sound but not sending it

I've installed skypeforlinux and I have both pulseaudio and pulseaudio-alsa installed (and asla configured to send stuff to the pulseaudio server).

When I open a call in skype I see a recording stream pop up in pavucontrol  called

ALSA pluginin[skypeforlinux]: ALSA capture from

When I set said stream to record from my microphone (connected to a USB focusrite soundcard) I see the slider go up and down as if sound were coming from the microphone and going through just fine. However, the sound doesn't go through to the other side (neither when calling someone or when using the echo sound testing service skype provides).

Do you guys have any idea as to how I can go about debugging this issue ? If I start skype in a terminal it forks itself off, leaving the terminal devoid of any stdout or stderr messages, if I check journalctl I see nothing skype or audio releated and there's no logs in /var/log and trying to capture the error/out as

skypeforlinux >> loge 2>&1

yields an empty file

Alternatively, if you've had a similar problem and have any fix I'd love to hear it.

Most of the issues on the topic seem to be related to pulse not streaming audio to skype, but in my case that seems to be happening just fine.

Last edited by George3d6 (2018-06-04 12:48:49)

#2 2018-06-04 14:36:46

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Skype for linux recording sound but not sending it

Can you post

pacmd list-cards
pacmd list-sources
pacmd list-source-outputs
sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/*
aplay -lL
amixer -c$cardindex from aplay -l$

during this scenario.

Last edited by V1del (2018-06-04 14:37:03)

Board footer