You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-06 19:54:08

sashpta

[SOLVED] QEMU/KVM - Virt-Manager: Unable to complete install

Hey,
I am currently trying to get a VM installed on QEMU/KVM using virt-manager.
Whenever I click "beginn installation" it gives me this error:

Unable to complete install: 'internal error: Failed to load module '/usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file/libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so': libgfapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 89, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2553, in _do_async_install
    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 498, in start_install
    doboot, transient)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 434, in _create_guest
    domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 3659, in createXML
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateXML() failed', conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error: Failed to load module '/usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file/libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so': libgfapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

in '/usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file' I just got these files:

[sashpta@sashpta ~]$ ls /usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file/
libvirt_storage_file_fs.so  libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so

I cannot find the requested file ('libgfapi.so.0') anywhere.

Does anyone know why it isn't where it's supposed to be and how I can get it there / fix the error message?

Thx in advance

Last edited by sashpta (2018-06-09 12:31:25)

#2 2018-06-06 20:23:42

alphaniner

Re: [SOLVED] QEMU/KVM - Virt-Manager: Unable to complete install

Pacman can tell you the package that contains a file:

$ pacman -Fs libgfapi.so.0
community/glusterfs 1:4.0.2-1
    usr/lib/libgfapi.so.0

(You'll have to read about the -F flag: you need to manually create and update the databases for it to work)

The gluster parts of qemu are broken into a separate optional package, qemu-block-gluster. If you had that installed, you should have glusterfs too due to dependency.

I've never played with gluster, but I thought it was just for storage pools, so it kind of surprises me that the failure occurs when trying to create a VM. Unless maybe the VM was imported or something?

Last edited by alphaniner (2018-06-06 20:25:47)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2018-06-06 20:35:58

loqs

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58375#comment169085
Edit:
Ah no only tangentially related all the gluster components are meant to be split in to a none existent split package which would pull in gluster but libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so is still in the main package.

Last edited by loqs (2018-06-06 20:44:38)

#4 2018-06-07 11:26:01

sashpta

alphaniner wrote:

The gluster parts of qemu are broken into a separate optional package, qemu-block-gluster. If you had that installed, you should have glusterfs too due to dependency.

I've never played with gluster, but I thought it was just for storage pools, so it kind of surprises me that the failure occurs when trying to create a VM. Unless maybe the VM was imported or something?

Ye installing qemu-block-gluster fixed the issue. THX.
The VM wasn't imported or something. I just followed the PCI Passthrough guide  and then I wanted to setup the VM.

#5 2018-06-08 07:16:04

penguin

For the record, I'm trying to just run my already existing VMs, and I get similar error:

Error starting domain: internal error: Failed to load module '/usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file/libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so': libgfapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 89, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 125, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/libvirtobject.py", line 82, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1508, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1069, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: Failed to load module '/usr/lib/libvirt/storage-file/libvirt_storage_file_gluster.so': libgfapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed the qemu-block-gluster package above as suggested, and it leads to the requested file being installed, but in a path that it doesn't seem to find, i.e. in /usr/lib/libgfapi.so.0? I still get the error above... Not sure what the sane fix for this is? I've tried down-grading my libvirt, but that didn' appear to fix it either.

#6 2018-06-08 07:53:39

m20554443

For me, installing qemu-block-gluster fixed it. penguin, did you restart libvirtd?

systemctl restart libvirtd libvirt-guests.service

#7 2018-06-08 07:57:21

penguin

Ah! That fixed it! Thanks! Let's hop that package becomes a dependency for libvirt, or some other sane fix, as this feels a bit "hackish".

Board footer