You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-10 19:33:32

Miyuu

LVM Logical Volumes missing after reboot

Hey there! So it seems like my Logical Volumes for a single disk have gone missing after a reboot. I have multiple disks that are using LVM on LUKS, and only one of them seems to be working incorrectly.

Output of lvscan -v:

ACTIVE            '/dev/Disk1/Disk1' [<7.28 TiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/ExtDisk2/ExtDisk2' [<2.73 TiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/encrypted/root' [32.00 GiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/encrypted/home' [<433.56 GiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/ExtDisk3/ExtDisk3' [<3.64 TiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/ExtDisk1/ExtDisk1' [<7.28 TiB] inherit
Outp[ut of vgchange -a y:

0 logical volume(s) in volume group "Disk3" now active
  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "Disk1" now active
  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "ExtDisk2" now active
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "encrypted" now active
  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "ExtDisk3" now active
  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "ExtDisk1" now active
Output of ls /dev/mapper:

control   Disk1        Disk2           encrypted-root  ExtDisk1-ExtDisk1  ExtDisk2-ExtDisk2  ExtDisk3-ExtDisk3
cryptlvm  Disk1-Disk1  encrypted-home  ExtDisk1        ExtDisk2           ExtDisk3

The LUKS volume correctly decrypts and mounts it seems (Under ls /dev/mapper it's Disk2), but for some reason the logical volume isn't showing up (It should be at /dev/mapper/Disk2-Disk2 similarly to the others).

The only things that changed was that I previously had LVM on LUKS on Disk3 (And thus Disk3-Disk3) but decided to throw Windows on a SSD I had laying around so I could do some gaming, and erased it to install games onto (Setting up PCI Passthrough was proving impossible due to two identical GPUs), and removed that volume from my kernel paramaters. I'm not entirely sure what went wrong or where, but if possible I'd like to mount the volume so I can access it.

I appreciate any help, and let me know if any more information would help! I've done some searching around but the only results I find are like vgchange. vgscan, etc.

Board footer