You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-14 17:41:48

Potomac

pacman triggers warning about missing file for ardour package

Hello,

today I made a "pacman -Syu" and I get a warning message from pacman :

(583/583) checking for file conflicts                                                                  [############################################################] 100%
(585/585) checking available disk space                                                                [############################################################] 100%
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/mime/application/x-ardour.xml

I immediately opened a new console and I checked the presence of /usr/share/mime/application/x-ardour.xml file, and this file is present,

after the end of the "pacman -Syu" I tried to reinstall the "ardour" package and I get the same warning, despite the presence of /usr/share/mime/application/x-ardour.xml file :

# pacman -S ardour
warning: ardour-5.12-6 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) ardour-5.12-6

Total Installed Size:  44.74 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                      [###########################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                    [###########################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                         [###########################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                   [###########################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                 [###########################################################] 100%
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/mime/application/x-ardour.xml
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling ardour                                                                           [###########################################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/3) Updating icon theme caches...
(2/3) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(3/3) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...

then I tried again to reinstall (for the second time) ardour package and now the warning message disapeared,  how do you explain this problem ?

a corrupted pacman database ?
a bug in the new version of pacman ?

what I am sure :
- the  /usr/share/mime/application/x-ardour.xml file was already present in the hard disk before the update of the ardour package
- for an unknown reason the first attempt of the update of ardour package (pacman -Syu) triggers the warning message
- reinstalling the ardour package solves the problem
- disk space remaining is 15 Gb

thanks

Last edited by Potomac (2018-06-14 17:52:30)

Board footer