You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-21 12:35:01

sfabius

Qt question for reMarkable tablet app

I have a reMarkable tablet , which I mostly love except for the lack of linux support (surprising given it is a linux-based OS). However, I've managed to find a version of a linux application that is now unofficial. This github is actually a Qt docker app, but if you look in the code for the 'Dockerfile' you can find where to download the app, which is apparently still on the server even though there's not a link from the main web page. Anyway, I downloaded it and got it mostly working, figuring out a few dependencies based on same Dockerfile code. But, I can't seem to get file dialogs to work, which is the main reason for using the app. EDIT: The app I am referring to is one I am trying to install on my Arch system that allows one to import and export files to the tablet, hence the question here. I'm not asking about how to hack the tablet.

The error I get is:

ERROR: No native FileDialog implementation available.
Qt Labs Platform requires Qt Widgets on this setup.
Add 'QT += widgets' to .pro and create QApplication in main().

I'm not a qt developer, so I'm lost. I'd love to get this to work. Thanks.

Last edited by sfabius (2018-06-21 15:17:47)

#2 2018-06-21 14:07:00

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Qt question for reMarkable tablet app

Looks like a nice tablet, I might have to consider one myself.  But...   It is has nothing to do with Arch Linux.  It uses an ARM processor.  I'm not sure how we can help.

If I am missing something, report this thread and make a case.  In the mean time, I am going to close and bin this thread.  You might try Stack Overflow for a question such as this.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2018-06-21 15:16:46

Slithery
Administrator

Re-opened on request - Application is for controlling the tablet from another Linux box.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#4 2018-06-21 15:24:25

ewaller
Administrator

Slithery wrote:

Re-opened on request - Application is for controlling the tablet from another Linux box.

Fair enough.  Sorry for the noise.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2018-06-21 16:28:16

sfabius

ewaller wrote:

Fair enough.  Sorry for the noise.

No worries, I wasn't clear in first version.

#6 2018-06-21 16:33:56

progandy

What DE do you use? If you do not use plasma/kde or lxqt, then try launching the application with

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk3

qt5ct is another alternative, if you want more control than the gtk3 integration provides.

lxqt and plasma should provide their own themes with file dialogs.

Last edited by progandy (2018-06-21 16:35:44)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer