You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-22 13:59:41

quiddi

Dolphin problems since last update

Hi there,

since the last Arch update which I made today, the file manager Dolphin is not saving me the personal settings. Everytime when I close it, it saves a really shitty setting, for example disabeling all menu bars,... The config file from dolphin is normally saved in ~/.config/dolphinrc. The file is normally written by closing Dolphin. So every time when I close Dolphin it overrides this file. When I clear this file with an editor, Dolphin starts withe the default settings but closing Dolphin writes again the bullshit configuration in this file. I now created the dolphinrc like I want to have it and prohibited the writing permissions with chmod 433. This is not exactly what I want to have because I have now always to configure the settings in an editor. Is there a better solution that I can change the setting in Dolphin in the GUI like it should normally work?

Thanks and Cheers from Germany

#2 2018-06-24 06:01:16

tareefdev

Re: Dolphin problems since last update

I have a similar problem, not every time I close dolphin but occasionally I lose some of my configurations, where the toolbar and places panel disappear!

#3 2018-06-28 00:33:37

drtebi

I am experiencing the same problem (dolphin version 18.04.2-1).

I tried deleting

~/config/dolphinrc 

, but that didn't help, settings are not remembered.

I have also downgraded to 18.04.0-2, the problem still persists.

Thus I assume there is a problem with Qt, it doesn't seem to save settings properly any more, or at least not compatibly with dolphin?

For now I just do F7 F9 F11 to get the panels back that I always use... and wait for the next update sad

#4 2018-06-29 13:18:20

sajmonella9

I have the same problem with dolphin and zanshin (todo app)  .

#5 2018-07-07 12:39:54

steven237

I have the same problem with dolphin.

I found that when I open dolphin, I make changes like showing menu bar it keep settings like it should.

But when I add Panels it erase settings when dolphin is closed.

If I add panels and I paste ~/.config/dolphinrc when dolphin is launched and then I closed dolphin and I replace the content of dolphinrc with what I saved, dolphin open with the last settings.

Should I write this somewhere to help debugging this?

#6 2018-07-07 12:50:27

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

quiddi wrote:

and prohibited the writing permissions with chmod 433.

Is that a typo?  That's a fairly nonsensical permission value.  Your user can only read it, but anyone else can execute or write to it (but not read what they wrote).  I suspect you wanted 444.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer