You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-09 21:00:29

Martillo1

gkrellm segmentation fault: GkrellMMS (update_monitor)

That is the message I get every now and then : "gkrellm segmentation fault: GkrellMMS (update_monitor)" and gkrellm crashes.

I can't live without gkrellm, help!  lol

#2 2004-03-09 23:18:20

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: gkrellm segmentation fault: GkrellMMS (update_monitor)

Can you try a few things to see if you can isolate the problem?

1) Try disabling the XMMS plugin for a while and see if gkrellm continues to crash.

2) Try running XMMS from the command-line and see if you notice any errors.

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

#3 2004-03-09 23:36:41

Martillo1

I closed everything and rebooted, restarted KDE, run XMMS and, last, Gkrellm, and it holds for now. I think you are right, it looks like something about the xmms-plugin, but I can not assure. I will let it run overnight justo to see if it holds. I will post feedback tomorrow.

Thanks! smile

#4 2004-03-10 18:09:42

Martillo1

OK, here is the feedback: It crashed after few hours, so I removed the xmms plugin and started and left gkrellm running until now. This way is rock solid, so I think it is something about the plugin, as you told.

#5 2004-03-10 18:31:52

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

I've just installed gkrellmms and am using it now.  I'll see if I can reproduce the problem on my end.

Here are my configuration options:
XMMS Executable: xmms
Scroll separator: ++++
XMMS Session to use: 0

Draw minus (-) when displaying remaining time
Auto launch XMMS on GKrellMMS startup
Auto hide all XMMS windows on XMMS startup
Enable scrolling title panel

Eject-button opens: playlist
Middle mouse click: pause/continue
Load file-info: on file play only
Draw in time bar: output time
Output time format: elapsed time

I don't know if any of these options matter or not.  I'm using xmms 1.2.10, and gkrellmms 2.1.14 and gkrellm 2.1.28.

For starters, I'm going to run it listening to a bunch of mp3s.  If that works, I'll try it from a stream.  Any other ideas about debugging this?

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

#6 2004-03-12 18:10:48

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

Well, I've been running it for two days now.  The first day I loaded a playlist of a bunch of mp3 files.  The second day I spent streaming from di.fm.  I have had no crashes and no output messages to stdout.  I would suggest removing and reinstalling gkrellmms, gkrellm, and xmms:  pacman -R <pkgs>, pacman -Sc, pacman -Sy <pkgs>.

Has anyone else noticed any gkrellmms problems?

Board footer