You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-24 13:37:48

andrej.podzimek

GnomeMeeting and Anjuta crashing after library update

Hello everybody,
I've just encountered a tricky problem. With all the recent updates, GnomeMeeting and Anjuta don't work any more.
This is what GnomeMeeting says:

*** WARNING *** The programme 'gnomemeeting' uses the Apple Bonjour compatiblity layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=gnomemeeting>
gnomemeeting: compat.c:377: DNSServiceRefSockFD: Předpoklad `sdref' nesplněn.
Vyskytlo se několik chyb 'segmentation fault'; nemohu zobrazit chybový dialog

It says that something called 'sdref' was expected. Furtheremore, there have been multiple segmentation faults, which blocked the error dialog window.
These are Anjuta's complaints:

(anjuta:9815): libglade-CRITICAL **: glade_xml_build_interface: assertion `wid != NULL' failed
(anjuta:9815): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
** (anjuta:9815): CRITICAL **: anjuta_preferences_add_page: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (page)' failed

Both problems appeared after major library updates. If some of you know how to fix this, please be so kind and give me a piece of advice.
Shell I submit this as a bug report? (Most bugs occur somewhere between the chair and the keyboard. Perhaps I've misconfigured or forgotten something.)

#2 2005-12-25 20:11:00

elahav

Re: GnomeMeeting and Anjuta crashing after library update

Yes, I am having the same probelm with GnomeMeeting.
Perhaps

--enable-bonjour

should be removed from PKGBUILD?

#3 2006-01-02 20:42:40

andrej.podzimek

That might be the solution. The ABS can probably download the sources, compile the whole package with my own configuration and install it afterwards. But how can I do that? Is there any howto? Does this mean I have to create a new package or does it only involve editing a couple of files?
I tried to compile GnomeMeeting from the sources using the ordinary make procedure. It all worked well, but the same error occured on startup. How should I compile GnomeMeeting?

#4 2006-01-03 02:20:36

elahav

First run

abs

This will check out the latest PKGBUILDs to /var/abs. Then

cd /var/abs/extra/network/gnomemeeting

Edit the PKGBUILD file and remove --enable-bonjour. Finally, run

makepkg -bci

This will extract, compile, clean and install the package. The installation procedure is similar to pacman -U, so that pacman is aware of the package.

Elad

#5 2006-01-03 10:21:35

JGC
Developer

Hmm, I patched gnomemeeting a long while ago to use mdnsresponder instead of howl. The compatibility layer of avahi crashes however when avahi isn't running. I'll look for a patch to support native avahi, or otherwise I'll change it to howl, as that compatibility layer works fine.

For anjuta: I'll patch it up today, it's an issue with the latest gtk2.

#6 2006-07-20 14:49:13

kozaki
Website

Does someone know if there's allready such a patch for other apps like gtkam & gphoto2 ?

Got same issue here with gphoto2-2.2.0 & gtkam-0.1.12-1 :
$ gtkam

*** WARNING *** The programme 'gtkam' uses the Apple Bonjour compatiblity layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http>
$ gphoto2 --list-ports
*** WARNING *** The programme 'gphoto2' uses the Apple Bonjour compatiblity layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http>
Segmentation fault

Seeded last month: Arch 50 gig, derivatives 1 gig
Desktop @3.3GHz 8 gig RAM, linux-ck
laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

Board footer