You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-11 19:51:39

picarica

[[SOLVED]nvm solved it]cant boot to xfce4 error fialed to co

i always get that error when i try to install xfce4-session ( cuz i removed it by accident)

and now i cant boot into my xfce4 everytime i put password it says failed to start session

what can i do ? remove the confilicting files one by one ? its like 1500 of them

Last edited by picarica (2018-07-11 20:25:55)

#2 2018-07-11 20:04:55

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [[SOLVED]nvm solved it]cant boot to xfce4 error fialed to co

You might read man pacman.

This thread has been reported as another case in which you are not doing the research first.  Read the manual and see if you can work it out.  I will leave the thread open, for now, so you can ask specific questions about the procedure.  Do not make us ask for the specific commands you have tried, or their specific output.

Last edited by ewaller (2018-07-11 20:05:53)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2018-07-11 20:26:46

picarica

ewaller wrote:

You might read man pacman.

This thread has been reported as another case in which you are not doing the research first.  Read the manual and see if you can work it out.  I will leave the thread open, for now, so you can ask specific questions about the procedure.  Do not make us ask for the specific commands you have tried, or their specific output.

i dont know but what i did was to delete every confilcting file one by one i just coped the whole list to notepad ++ and removed thing before replacid it with rm and hit enter it deleted everything confilcting i didnt know there was other way

#4 2018-07-11 20:43:15

ewaller
Administrator

That works.  Now, let me suggest you run pacman -Qk

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer