You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-01 22:23:50

MaxthonFan

Plasma 5: Thumbnails/previews in system settings gone

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing an issue that all the preview thumbnails for look an feel, dekstop theme, cursor, the loading screen after sddm and for the icon theme are gone in the system settings. The same thing also applies to desktop wallpaper, strangely the preview for the windows titles works fine.

After some research I found one guy at the KDE forums who had exactly the same issue some weeks ago. Btw. sorry for just copy-pasting my question from there, but I don't think, I will get an answer there any soon. He said he fixed it somehow and thought it was with an xorg update. I just set up this Arch installation a week ago, it is up to date and there was not a single xorg update what so ever as far as I remember. I have this issue since July 30th an it shouldn't have anything to do with any updates. I booted a snapshot from the 29th (when it was definetly working correct), same problem.

Did anyone else experience this issue and does anyone know which config I would have to edit, remove, wish away, etc. to make my KDE work again as it should?

Ideas appreciated.

Link to a picture, I am to idle to rescale it and don't know how to with BB. The linked thread above also has pictures, even in English.^^

Board footer