You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-06 09:06:12

soocki
Website

[SOLVED] 'gnome-keyring' causes long boot delay [gdm + gnome-shell]

After enchancing a simple desktop [gnome-shell + gdm + few other complimentary components] with 'gnome-keyring' the boot process (wich usually brings me straight to desktop, gdm's autologin feature is enabled) is temporarily stopped at "[OK] Reached Target Graphical Interface" for quite some time (5min? more? less? not sure). After providing some keypresses (hold 'space' for a few seconds, tap 'return' repeateadly or simply 'play piano' on the keyboard) the systems goes ahead and transitions into the gnome (classic) session, so it can be rectified quite easily yet still.. The ammount of time ellapsed while waiting is directly proportional to the ammount of keypresses that need to be provided, as in 'the more time have passed, the least keypresses need to be provided' type of situation.

It is definitely the 'gnome-keyring' causing this, after it's uninstallation everything goes back to normal. It could have something to do with 'entropy' (the system needs random input to provide it, please excuse my ignorance if I am not right on that one). Nevertheless what I am looking for is a way to investigate and/or prefereably rectify this starnge behaviour while keeping the 'gnome-keyring'.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by soocki (2018-08-06 11:05:44)

sm

#2 2018-08-06 10:44:00

seth

Re: [SOLVED] 'gnome-keyring' causes long boot delay [gdm + gnome-shell]

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58355
# pacman -S haveged
# systemctl enable haveged

#3 2018-08-06 11:03:00

soocki
Website

Re: [SOLVED] 'gnome-keyring' causes long boot delay [gdm + gnome-shell]

seth wrote:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58355
# pacman -S haveged
# systemctl enable haveged

Like a charm. Haveged description: "Entropy harvesting daemon using CPU timings".

Last edited by soocki (2018-08-06 11:09:39)

sm

Board footer