You are not logged in.

#201 2018-08-06 19:17:23

morarch

Re: pacserve - easily share Pacman packages between computers

Python aur packages need to be rebuilt since Arch Linux updated Python to version 3.7.
In case of pacserve run:

aurman -S python3-threaded_servers pacserve

to rebuild and reinstall the necessary python packages.

Then restart the pacserve server:

sudo systemctl start pacserve.service

Last edited by morarch (2018-08-06 19:18:29)

#202 2018-08-06 19:58:23

toothandnail

morarch wrote:

Python aur packages need to be rebuilt since Arch Linux updated Python to version 3.7.
In case of pacserve run:

aurman -S python3-threaded_servers pacserve

to rebuild and reinstall the necessary python packages.

Then restart the pacserve server:

sudo systemctl start pacserve.service

Thanks. Should have thought of that - I saw quite a number of python updates come through earlier and didn't twig. I'll have to wait and see if that solves the problem of the new install not picking up on locally available files.

Paul.

#203 2018-08-07 00:27:31

Xyne
Moderator/TU
Website

All Python packages in my repo have been rebuilt with Python 3.7. AUR users while have to update manually as suggested above.

toothandnail wrote:

Second problem. I recently got a new (to me anyway) laptop. I've just installed Arch on it, and one of the first things I installed was pacserve, since I should already have most of the packages that I want on other machines in my local network. Before the error above came up, it was running without any apparent problems. However, it did not look as if it was using any of the locally available packages - even on a wifi connection, there is a very visible difference in download speed. When pacserve is working, I normally get around 7.5 mbs transfers on anything in my local network. On raw internet, I normally get around 3.5 mbs. Ever since I installed pacserve on the new machine, I'm getting no better than the normal internet transfer rate. So it looks as though pacserve is not picking anything up from the local network.

If the second problem is unrelated to the first, check systemctl status pacserve.service (or the console output if you are running it manually) on different systems to see which Pacserve instances are detected. Check your firewall settings too to make sure that you are allowing everything through (the Pacserve HTTP(S) port, and the multicast ports if you use that). If you use Avahi, make sure that it's up and running too.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

Board footer