You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-14 13:43:42

Awlex

urxvt not using fallback font

I declared my urxvt font like this:

URxvt*font: xft:Noto Sans Mono:size=10,xft:Unifont:size=12
!URxvt.letterSpace: -1

Noto Sans does not provide some some unicode characters such as ✘(0xE2 0x9C 0x98), which is why I want to use a fallback font, but it seems urxvt ignores my Unifont completely. Is there something I'm missing?

Note: I already checked whether all fonts are installed. Urxvt renders unicode correctly, if I drop the noto font, so I don't think that's a problem caused by Unifont.
Also, I get these warnings when I start urxvt with these fonts:

urxvt: perl extension 'clipboard' not found in perl library search path
urxvt: perl extension 'keyboard-select' not found in perl library search path
urxvt: perl extension 'url-select' not found in perl library search path
# The 3 above can probably be ignored
urxvt: unable to calculate font width for 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=26:antialias=False:autohint=True:minspace=True', ignoring.
urxvt: unable to calculate font width for 'Courier New:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=26:antialias=False:autohint=True:minspace=True', ignoring.
urxvt: unable to calculate font width for 'Andale Mono:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=26:antialias=False:autohint=False:minspace=True', ignoring.
urxvt: unable to calculate font width for 'FreeMono:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=26:autohint=True:minspace=True', ignoring.

Last edited by Awlex (2018-08-14 14:26:06)

#2 2018-08-14 14:11:30

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: urxvt not using fallback font

If you want to use unifont with urxvt you may need to use a ttf version:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=239186

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-08-14 14:23:27

Awlex

Re: urxvt not using fallback font

Trilby wrote:

If you want to use unifont with urxvt you may need to use a ttf version:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=239186

My bad, it seems I've not made it clear enough that Unifont does not seem to be the problem. I already use a ttf version and it renders unicode correctly if I drop the Noto font infront of it. Still thanks for the suggestion smile

Board footer