You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-04 07:33:13

raxbg

No audio in the twitch desktop app using wine

I have a installed the twitch desktop app in a 32bit prefix with dotnet40 and dotnet46 installed as well. Everything seems to be working except for audio. When I go to settings, in twitch, and try to play the test sound nothing comes out. However the microphone signal seems to be picked up correctly (judging by the noise level meter). Playing test sounds within winecfg using the same prefix works just fine. I am using wine-staging.

Windows version is set to Windows 7 and in the libraries there is one override for mscoree.dll (set to native).

Any ideas how can I fix this? Also if you know of any third party app that has the twitch voice comm integrated I will be glad to try it out. I only need twitch for the voice comm and ironically this is the only thing I cannot get to work big_smile

#2 2018-09-04 13:40:29

olive

Re: No audio in the twitch desktop app using wine

For some of the sounds in some programs, you need to install additional packages. With wine the best is to install all optional dependencies unless you are sure you don't need them. I have not tested your particular program though, and I know by experience that wine is far from working perfectly, so just try and pray.

#3 2018-09-04 14:41:42

raxbg

Strangest thing is that games for example seem to work fine as well as the test sound from winecfg. I am using the pulse driver. Twitch is able to see all sound devices, but cannot output to any of them.

Anyway I will surely check if there are dependencies which I don't have installed yet and install them.

#4 2018-09-04 14:46:16

V1del
Forum Moderator

That doesn't have to be strange, there are a lot of APIs that could be used and maybe whatever the Twitch App uses just happens to be not yet implemented. FWIW what terminal output do you get when attempting to playback via Twitch App?

#5 2018-09-04 15:06:59

raxbg

@V1del I will be able to report a bit later when I get back home.

#6 2018-09-04 20:04:35

raxbg

V1del wrote:

FWIW what terminal output do you get when attempting to playback via Twitch App?

Nothing, absolutely nothing gets printed in the console when trying to play a sound.

olive wrote:

For some of the sounds in some programs, you need to install additional packages. With wine the best is to install all optional dependencies unless you are sure you don't need them.

Installed all missing dependencies, but still no sound. I guess there is nothing I can do.

Board footer