You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-15 22:14:21

sayonalion

[Solved] Firefox developer tools missing

Hi.

l just installed Firefox developer edition and for some reason Firefox developer tools are missing in the distribution. There's no corresponding entry at the Tools classic menu, no wrench icon at the customization page and the `Ctrl+Shift+I' hotkey also doesn't work. What can be the reason of this?

Thanks.

Firefox Developer Edition 63.0b5

UPD Check, if `/usr/lib/firefox-developer-edition/distribution/policies.json' exists and whether it contains the `"DisableDeveloperTools": true' line.

Last edited by sayonalion (2018-09-16 16:40:25)

#2 2018-09-15 22:52:50

ooo

Re: [Solved] Firefox developer tools missing

sayonalion wrote:

There's no corresponding entry at the Tools classic menu, no wrench icon at the customization page and the Ctrl+Shift+I hotkey also doesn't work.

All of those work for me.
Did you try with empty profile?

#3 2018-09-15 23:07:39

sayonalion

For some strange reason Firefox developer tools are disabled by the means of Policies in the Arch Linux Firefox developer edition distribution package.

To enable them one needs to remove the `"DisableDeveloperTools": true' line from `/usr/lib/firefox-developer-edition/distribution/policies.json' and also to check that about:config → devtools.chrome.enabled is set to true.

Despite I've managed to solve the problem, I'm still curious about why the tools are disabled by default.

#4 2018-09-16 01:26:19

eschwartz
Fellow

Or figure out where that file came from, since it certainly did not come from us.

Please post the output of the following three commands

pacman-conf
pacman -Q firefox-developer-edition
pacman -Qo /usr/lib/firefox-developer-edition/distribution/policies.json

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2018-09-16 16:31:13

sayonalion

Trusted User/Bug Wrangler You're right. This file was created by me some time ago, but after that I uninstalled Firefox. The uninstallation process didn't delete the `/usr/lib/firefox-developer-edition/distribution/policies.json' file, so after I installed the browser again, the Policies was applied.

Board footer