You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-30 13:02:57

ratcheer

Browser won't use pages' default fonts

I am switching from Firefox to Vivaldi for my web browser. Some web pages, notably Gmail and Fedora Forums, will not show unread mails or topics in distinguishable bold font. I assumed that my system did not have the needed font (which doesn't really make sense, because Firefox displays them, properly), so I inspected the pages to see what font the page "wants". In the case of Fedora Forums, it is "Open Sans". Sure enough, my system did not have that font installed, so I found it and installed it (to be clear, this is on my main Arch Linux system - the topics are successfully shown in bold on my Fedora notebook PC). I tested with fc-list, and the new font is "seen" there.

However, these web pages still do not display new/updated topics in distinguishable bold. I reinspected a page, and saw that Open Sans is struck out, then Arial is struck out, then the topics are displayed with "Tahoma, Cabrini, Verdana".

I'm not even sure this is the reason my topics are not shown in bold, but my question is, if Open Sans is available on my system and is the page's default, why is Tahoma... being substituted?

Tim

#2 2018-08-30 19:16:33

apetresc
Website

Re: Browser won't use pages' default fonts

My first guess is that you have a font-config rule, either in ~/.config/fontconfig or in /etc/fonts, that is matching one font family with another. Something like:

<match>
    <test name="family"><string>Open Sans</string></test>
    <edit name="family" mode="assign" binding="strong">
      <string>Tahoma</string>
    </edit>
  </match>

#3 2018-08-30 20:34:44

ratcheer

Thanks, @apetresc. I will check that out.

Tim

PS - Later: No, there are no substitutions like that for Open Sans. I did find some substitutions like that for other fonts, but nothing that seemed to have anything to do with Open Sans. E.g., there are some substitutions for Persian fonts in /etc/conf.avail/65-fonts-persian.conf

Last edited by ratcheer (2018-08-30 20:49:38)

#4 2018-08-30 20:53:35

seth

The content of the web inspector is about css, it doesn't relate to the font resolution of the underlying system.
Also if fc-match resolves the "Open Sans" font on your disc (the resp. ttf, otf or whatever format), fontconfig isn't the cause.

Check the webinspector and switch from "styles" to "computed" - see which font and weight are ultimately used for the element. If there's sth. unexpected here, you can expand the item to see how it's computed.
Also ideally provide a screenshot of the page as rendered (could be a hinting issue, resulting in the boldness being barely notable)

Edit: png, please - no artifact ridden jpeg ;-)

Last edited by seth (2018-08-30 20:54:44)

#5 2018-09-03 16:05:28

ratcheer

Thanks, seth. Sorry, I was out of town all weekend and away from my desktop system. I will start troubleshooting using your advice.

Tim

#6 2018-09-03 18:52:18

ratcheer

fc-match with no options gives only

NotoSans-Regular.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Regular"

But fc-match --all|grep "Open Sans" gives

OpenSans-Regular.ttf: "Open Sans" "Regular"                                                                                             
OpenSans-Light.ttf: "Open Sans" "Light"                                                                                                 
OpenSansCondensed-Light.ttf: "Open Sans Condensed" "Light"
OpenSans-SemiBold.ttf: "Open Sans" "SemiBold"                                                                                           
OpenSans-Bold.ttf: "Open Sans" "Bold"                                                                                                   
OpenSansCondensed-Bold.ttf: "Open Sans Condensed" "Bold"
OpenSans-ExtraBold.ttf: "Open Sans" "ExtraBold"
OpenSans-Italic.ttf: "Open Sans" "Italic"
OpenSans-LightItalic.ttf: "Open Sans" "Light Italic"
OpenSansCondensed-LightItalic.ttf: "Open Sans Condensed" "Light Italic"
OpenSans-SemiBoldItalic.ttf: "Open Sans" "SemiBold Italic"
OpenSans-BoldItalic.ttf: "Open Sans" "Bold Italic"
OpenSans-ExtraBoldItalic.ttf: "Open Sans" "ExtraBold Italic"

I'm not sure if that is what I'm supposed to do.

Tim

Last edited by ratcheer (2018-09-03 19:00:14)

#7 2018-09-03 19:10:24

seth

fc-match "Open Sans"

but from the provided output, that will resolve OpenSans-Regular.ttf ie. this isn't the problem.
You need to upload the image at soem service (imgur or so) and post the link here (you can use the "img" tag w/ the url to a thumbnail, but that's not important)

#8 2018-09-03 20:37:43

ratcheer

https://scrot.moe/image/9Rjkv

The first eight lines (through Amazon Marketplace) are unread and should show in bold. The lines below that have been read, so they display with normal emphasis. To my eye, they look the same.

Note again that Firefox on the same Arch Linux PC display, properly.

Thanks.

Last edited by ratcheer (2018-09-03 20:40:34)

#9 2018-09-03 20:54:28

seth

There seems some subpixel hinting in place - is this a custom/AUR package of freetype/fonctconfig?
(Doesn't look bold, though)

#10 2018-09-03 20:57:57

ratcheer

It is vivaldi 1.15.1147.64-1 from the AUR, which says that the source is https://downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/vi … x86_64.rpm (x86_64)

The dependencies list a ton of font packages. I do not have all of them installed. Do I really need to find and install all of them?

Wait, I misunderstood your last question. No, it is supposed to be the standard freetype2 2.9.1-1 package. I can try to ensure that there are no hints in place and report back...

Last edited by ratcheer (2018-09-03 21:07:10)

#11 2018-09-03 21:14:09

ratcheer

I had these settings in .Xresources

Xft.autohint: false                                                                                                                       
Xft.dpi: 96
Xft.antialias: true
Xft.rgba: rgb
Xft.hinting: true
Xft.hintstyle: hintslight
Xft.lcdfilter: lcddefault

I removed all of them, logged out of my user session, and logged back in. It made no difference with respect to the issue at hand.

#12 2018-09-03 22:07:23

Steef435
Website

Since Firefox does show the fonts properly, maybe it's more of a Vivaldi issue. Vivaldi uses the Blink engine, same as Chrome. How does chromium (from official repos) display the fonts? If it doesn't look the same, Vivaldi might be doing something magical..

#13 2018-09-03 23:04:29

ratcheer

Good thinking, @Steef435.

Chromium is displaying them the same way as Vivaldi, i.e., without the proper bolding of unread messages. Or, at least not in a way that the difference can be seen.

#14 2018-09-05 13:34:30

ratcheer

Ok, this may be related to fontconfig package changes. When I start vivaldi from the command line, tons of font errors are issued:

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 6: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 7: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 7: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 9: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"                                        
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"                                               
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/11-lcdfilter-default.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-generic.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"                                                       
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"                                               
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-generic.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"                                                       
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"                                               
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 34: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 35: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 35: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 35: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 36: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf", line 36: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf", line 8: unknown element "description"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file from /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

I have never messed with any of those files. I think the solution, in the long run, is to wait for the upstream fontconfig package to be fixed.

#15 2018-09-06 12:27:54

ratcheer

As a quick test, I opened Firefox from the terminal. No fontconfig errors or warnings were thrown. So, it indeed appears that there is some incompatibility with Vivaldi and Chromium.

Tim

#16 2018-09-12 13:40:34

seth

Also see https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/issues/13529
You could strace vivaldi to check whether it opens /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so* but it seems it's using a compiled in version (I do seem to recall other complaints about chrome ignoring your hinting settings etc.) which is presently incomaptile w/ more recent fontconfig versions.

There's also https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vivaldi-snapshot/ which might be compiled against newer versions.

#17 2018-09-13 12:18:12

ratcheer

Thanks, seth.

There is a newer version of Vivaldi dated 9-Sep in the AUR. It still has the same problem with fontconfig.

The vivaldi-snapshot does not give the fontconfig errors. However, if I open my Gmail with it, it temporarily displays with the unread messages still not discernably bold, but then the whole page crashes and shows a black screen with a document icon with a dead bird silhouette in the icon.

So, the immediate fontconfig errors are gone, but the final result is even worse.

Last edited by ratcheer (2018-09-13 13:14:20)

#18 2018-10-05 13:21:55

ratcheer

Update: fontconfig was updated to version 2:2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-1 this morning and Vivaldi no longer causes all the fontconfig errors (see post #14 in this thread) to be thrown.

However, the unread messages in, for example Gmail, are still not displayed in discernably bold.

So, the fix I was waiting for has been implemented, but the original problem persists. I will pursue the problem with Vivaldi support. If anything is accomplished, I will report it here, too.

Board footer