You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-07 12:05:37

jaylittle

ACPI Battery Status Update Issues in kernel 4.18.12?

So after upgrading to kernel 4.18.12 I noticed something weird on my Purism Librem 15 rev3 laptop: Beyond charging / non-charging the battery status wasn't updating correctly anymore.  So while the system would tell me whether or not my battery was charging, neither the percentage of power remaining nor the time remaining stats updated correctly.  Once this starts - I can fix the behavior by rolling back to 4.18.10, powering down the machine for a few minutes and then restarting it.  After that everything appears to work as expected.

I've going to test 4.18.11 (went back to .10 as that is what I upgraded from) and some Linux LTS kernel versions in the next few minutes to see how widespread the bug is.  Is anybody else experiencing this?

EDIT: It's worth noting that I can see the same issues reflected in both the GUI power management applets as well as the output from the acpi command line utility.

EDIT 2: linux-lts 4.14.74 appears to be unaffected.

EDIT 3: linux 4.18.11 appears to be unaffected.

EDIT 4: linux 4.18.12 now also appears to be unaffected.  Perhaps my replication steps are in error.  Hmmmmm....

Last edited by jaylittle (2018-10-07 12:39:21)

Board footer