You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-18 14:50:13

funkmuscle

[SOLVED]Audacity

I hope this is the right forum for this if not, please forgive me.
Audacity crashes since new version 2.3.0
When I downgrade, it works fine.
When new version launch is attempted, I get splash screen, a very quick error box and instructions to see log.txt

info from log.txt

10:35:05: Audacity 2.3.0
10:35:05: Warning: Cannot set locale to language "English".
10:35:05: Error: locale 'en_GB' cannot be set.

my locale.conf

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

ran locale:

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Last edited by funkmuscle (2018-10-18 18:40:15)

#2 2018-10-18 16:39:39

drcouzelis
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Audacity

That's strange... I can confirm that Audacity 2.3.0 runs correctly for me. My "/etc/locale.conf" appears to be the same as yours:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=C

Audacity is a wxgtk3 application, so there might be a configuration issue in regards to wxwidgets or GTK3 in your profile.

At the very least, you can create a new (temporary) user and log in and try running Audacity (this test should only take a minute or two). If it starts, you'll know that the issue is something in your home directory (as opposed to somewhere in your operating system).

#3 2018-10-18 18:34:23

funkmuscle

Re: [SOLVED]Audacity

drcouzelis wrote:

That's strange... I can confirm that Audacity 2.3.0 runs correctly for me. My "/etc/locale.conf" appears to be the same as yours:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=C

Audacity is a wxgtk3 application, so there might be a configuration issue in regards to wxwidgets or GTK3 in your profile.

At the very least, you can create a new (temporary) user and log in and try running Audacity (this test should only take a minute or two). If it starts, you'll know that the issue is something in your home directory (as opposed to somewhere in your operating system).

ok so I created a new user and yes, audacity 2.3 works.
Nothing has changed on my system and the older version of audacity works when I downgrade

EDIT: solved the issue. I uninstalled audacity, removed the .audacity.data folder, reinstalled audacity and we're in business. Thanx drcouzelis

Last edited by funkmuscle (2018-10-18 18:39:47)

Board footer