You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-13 12:08:00

Jason P.

[abandoned] Cordless keyboard not typing after resuming from sleep

Recently I've been experiencing problems with my Logitech keyboard and mouse combo MK 250. Both devices are correctly paired with the USB receiver and I can work fine with them except when resuming from sleep state after several hours. Mouse works but the keyboard doesn't.

I've tried many things: switching both on and off, plugging the USB dongle into another port, swapping keyboard batteries and so on. Sometimes the problem just goes away and sometimes I have to reboot the computer. Even after doing that the issue may persist and I have to try again all those tricks to hopefully make it work so I can enter my boot password. Once the keyboard is paired again I can use it without problems.

This can be many things, I imagine. It can be a faulty unit or maybe latest changes in libinput. Honestly I don't have a clue and I need some help to troubleshoot this.

➜ % ~  lsusb
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:c52e Logitech, Inc. MK260 Wireless Combo Receiver

Many thanks!

Last edited by Jason P. (2019-03-09 19:01:42)

#2 2018-11-19 18:56:54

Jason P.

Re: [abandoned] Cordless keyboard not typing after resuming from sleep

I've tested something that makes me think that this is a software problem. I've unplugged the USB receiver after going to sleep mode. Then, when I resumed the computer I've plugged it again and the keyboard worked normally.

#3 2018-11-27 12:04:16

Jason P.

Re: [abandoned] Cordless keyboard not typing after resuming from sleep

I'd like to give more info about this problem so it will be easier to find help and maybe solve it. I think usbmon tool could be useful. How can I manage to debug the usb traffic right after resuming from sleep mode?

Board footer