You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 19:52:18

MikeW

[SOLVED] restoring packages from list

I am was looking into restoring packages using pacman and yay just incase I need to reinstall. What I am seeing is that the needed flag seems to work for native packages but not aur packages when using yay. The commands I am using is as follows.

- Backup the packages
pacman -Qqe > packages.txt   # Resulting file includes all explictly installed native and aur packages.

- Restore the packages
yay -S --needed - < packages.txt

The restore command skips all native packages which is what I want but does not skip when it comes to the aur packages. What am I missing here?

Last edited by MikeW (2018-11-29 01:00:10)

#2 2018-11-28 19:56:05

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: [SOLVED] restoring packages from list

Moving to AUR Issues...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2018-11-28 22:31:19

Morganamilo
Package Maintainer (PM)

MikeW wrote:

The restore command skips all native packages which is what I want but does not skip when it comes to the aur packages. What am I missing here?

Are you sure it's not just bumping the pkgver to see if should skip the package, and you're confusing this for building the package?

#4 2018-11-29 00:50:07

MikeW

Morganamilo wrote:
MikeW wrote:

Are you sure it's not just bumping the pkgver to see if should skip the package, and you're confusing this for building the package?

You may be right there, I guess I was expecting it to skip in the same way it did for the native packages. I let it continue on and it does download the pkgbuild, and eventually skips it once it knows it can.  tweaked the command a bit so there is less prompting. This is all for a script that I hope I don't actually need to use. smile The intent is to make disaster recovery easier though.

yay -S --needed --nouseask --nocleanmenu --nodiffmenu --removemake - < ~/packages.txt

actually even better this seems to be what I was after.

yay -S --needed --noconfirm - < ~/packages.txt

Last edited by MikeW (2018-11-29 00:55:30)

Board footer