You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-25 21:04:02

fabiosantos

Xfce GTK dark themes don`t work correctly

Hello Guys!

It is my first post here, and I am a xfce themes problem.
All gtk dark themes I tested were as in the pic in some applications.

https://imgur.com/UmmlFmn

I've tried almost everything, but nothing work.
Someone help me!

#2 2018-11-25 22:15:29

brett

Re: Xfce GTK dark themes don`t work correctly

I'm not really able to provide a fix for you but I've fumbled around for a long time and in the end I just went for a clean light theme. The issues I had were mostly related to firefox (displaying dark controls with dark text) and some programs inconsistently styling the interface and icons, either ending up like in your screenshots with white on white or dark on dark (inkscape and libreoffice being the culprits with dark on dark).

I guess you could search more themes and hope to find one that works. For me it just wasn't worth the fuss.

#3 2018-11-26 09:58:42

Steef435
Website

Most themes out there don't support the newest GTK+ versions, they usually follow Ubuntu's update cadence instead of upstream's (like Arch does).

Have you tried numix-gtk-theme from [community]? It has a few dark variants IIRC.

EDIT:

Someone help me!

Don't do this, it's highly unappreciated in communities like this.

Last edited by Steef435 (2018-11-26 10:00:04)

#4 2018-11-29 08:01:02

Pillgar

I think there's an addon for firefox to help with dark theme and their dark font color.  After spending a few hours digging, I found a better alternative.   You can create a userContent.css file in ~/.mozilla/firefox/blahblahblah.default/chrome/ and set background colors for input boxes there. 

input:not(.urlbar-input):not(.textbox-input):not(.form-control):not([type='checkbox']):not([type='radio']), textarea, select {
    -moz-appearance: none !important;
    background-color: #eee;
    color: #111;
}

For a plain Jane firefox theme.  And I use Equilux-compact for my dark theme.  You can use QT5-Settings for extra continuity.  Adapta themes are also very nice on XFCE.

#5 2018-11-29 10:05:07

archimboldo

I recommend this one. It simply works on xfce.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/numi … -darkblue/

Last edited by archimboldo (2018-11-29 10:05:25)

Rules for problems.
Everyone has problems. Animals have problems. And buildings. And cats, and trees.
Problems are your friends. Treat them well.

#6 2018-11-30 22:54:00

Annoyingduck

archimboldo's link of Numix-Darkblue is a great theme and works well on Arch XFCE. I also highly recommend this one Shades of Gray: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtk- … s-of-gray/ this is by far one of the best darker theme packages available currently for XFCE (also works great on Cinnamon/Gnome).  It's not black based, but grey based and has several accent color variations. All XFCE items theme properly.  Nice theme.

#7 2018-12-01 08:41:24

archimboldo

@Annoyingduck   Thank you for shades-of-gray theme.

Last edited by archimboldo (2018-12-01 08:45:22)

Rules for problems.
Everyone has problems. Animals have problems. And buildings. And cats, and trees.
Problems are your friends. Treat them well.

Board footer