You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-02 12:43:10

utack

[Solved] "No working init found" - yet again

Hello all,

I have a variation of the previously discussed "No working init found" problem. The kernel starts up, and gets stuck complaining about "No working init found"

What I have done so far, mostly based on old topics:
- fsck on boot and root partition
- arch-chroot into the system, reinstallation of packages "linux" "linux-lts" and "systemd". mkinitcpio log looked like it always had, no error reports
- try to boot the backup lts kernel with "root=uuid" instead of "root=label"
- try to boot with init=/bin/bash

Absolutely none of these things produced any other result than "No working init found".
I would be really glad if you could help me with the next step.
Does this indicate that mkinitcpio is producing an initramfs that does not allow to mount the root partition, despite no apparent error during generation?
Can I somehow check if it does find and mount the root partition and gets stuck after that?

I would be very thankful for your help, as this is a variation of the problem I have not found solved on the forums before.
utack

Last edited by utack (2018-12-02 13:36:25)

#2 2018-12-02 13:06:57

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] "No working init found" - yet again

The ususal reason for this is that /lib and /lib64 have to be symlinks to /usr/lib (and /bin and /sbin to /usr/bin FWIW) ensure that that is the case (and maybe reinstall the filesystem package to ensure that is properly set up)

#3 2018-12-02 13:35:47

utack

Re: [Solved] "No working init found" - yet again

Thank you!
The folders were the correct systemlinks, however upon reinstalling "filesystem" it gave me a:
"warning: could not get file information for /usr/lib64"
After that I installed the kernel and systemd packages again to also trigger mkinitcpio in the proccess, and the system is booting again.

Last edited by utack (2018-12-02 13:36:01)

Board footer