You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-02 00:08:12

Booming

[Solved] Libreoffice in 1990s style, does not revert back

Hello,
I am running Arch on my Desktop with the Plasma Desktop. Reading about theming in the wiki I uncommented  the line: export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen in /etc/profile.d/libreoffice-fresh.sh. After that the interface of Libreoffice was in the Windows 95 style. I did the configurations described in the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LibreOffice
> However, if it looks like it is using Windows 95/98 icons, go to Tools > Options... in the menus (which presents the Options Dialog), then select LibreOffice > Accessibility and uncheck "Automatically detect high-contrast mode of operating system".
and
> If that does not work immediately, you may need to change the icon set that is in use; this is also in the Options Dialog, under LibreOffice > View with two pop-up boxes for "Icon size and style" (the latter pop-up box should be changed to something other than "High-contrast").

However, that did not have a effect. After that I commented the line "export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen" again, which did not have any effect, though. Therfore I just removed the files in ~/.config/libreoffice/ also, which unfortunately did not change anything, either. Which is weird, because neofetch tells me GTK2 applications should use Adwaita and GTK3 applications Adapta-Nokto-Eta.
Firefox themes do work, though, however, the buttons still are that 90s style.
Do you have any solutions or points to start?

Last edited by Booming (2018-12-02 13:26:15)

I am 18 years old, go to a Gymnasium in Germany and am Arch-only since november 2018.

#2 2018-12-02 08:27:52

seth

Re: [Solved] Libreoffice in 1990s style, does not revert back

Just to be sure: you ensured there's no pending libroffice process and eg. gtk3-demo shows up as expected?

#3 2018-12-02 13:24:45

Booming

seth wrote:

Just to be sure: you ensured there's no pending libroffice process and eg. gtk3-demo shows up as expected?

I actually was pretty sure there was no pending libreoffice process anymore. However for some reason when I booted my computer up today it looked fine now. Maybe it was because another GTK application was running (such as Firefox, which was in fact running, since Firefox is running always on my computer?)
Anyway, thank you for your help, I think I will mark the topic as solved now?
Greetings, Booming

Last edited by Booming (2018-12-02 13:27:22)

I am 18 years old, go to a Gymnasium in Germany and am Arch-only since november 2018.

#4 2018-12-02 14:16:59

V1del
Forum Moderator

These files are only evaluated on login (or when you open up a new shell in a terminal) so simply changing them will not reexport the values back into the running session.

#5 2018-12-02 14:26:22

seth

I've no LO installed, but since soffice still seems to be a script, wouldn't it make more sense to advertise changes in files sourced by that script?

Board footer