You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-01 15:32:38

DeltaXFX

Make XFCE4 default for all users

I got Arch up and running with XFCE4. its great so far smile
I am using either xdm or wdm as my login manager (havent decided which i want yet)
I added a ".xinitrc" file to my home folder so that XFCE4 will start when I log in. is there a way to make XFCE4 the default wm for all new users without having to add a .xinitrc file to all of their home folders? I only plan on using XFCE4 so I dont need the login manager to load other wm's. but i would like to be able to add users and have their session automatically start as XCFE. all i have found by googling and on LQ.org is making a .xinitrc file, but these seem to lean toward a single user system. there has to be an easier way, ie with fedora when you make a new user, log out and log in as the new user and it will start  the default wm, or you can choose whichever wm you want to use.
im using arch 0.7.2 'gimmick' and all packages have been updated

The Internet...? Is that thing still around?

#2 2006-08-01 20:05:16

elasticdog
Website

Re: Make XFCE4 default for all users

If you just edit the skeleton file for <code>.xinitrc</code>, then for each user that is created, it will automatically be set to run xfce.  The location of the file is <code>/etc/skel/.xinitrc</code> if that answers your question.

#3 2006-08-01 21:45:02

DeltaXFX

Re: Make XFCE4 default for all users

thats exactly what i was looking for! i spent all yesterday editing pretty much every file under /etc exept that one tongue
thanks!

The Internet...? Is that thing still around?

Board footer