You are not logged in.

#226 2018-07-06 18:43:19

Unb0rn

Re: aurutils - helper tools for the aur

Okay, maybe I'm not clear enough, sorry smile
Let's say I've built gdm-plymouth with aur sync -c gdm-plymouth.
Everything went fine and now it is added to my local repo.
Now, I want to re-build it with system's makepkg.conf (or maybe update a *-git package and the pkgver inside pkgbuild didn't change, but pkgbuild itself uses latest commit in git)
So, I'm trying aur sync -f -c --makepkg-conf=/<path> and getting "nothing to build" reply.
The link to your github issue is helpful, but according to man, aur build does not have --makepkg-conf key, so if I get everything right-it'll just rebuild the package itself.
Sorry, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but manpages seem to be a little bit unfriendly and with few examples...
Thanks!

#227 2018-07-06 19:03:27

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

With aur-sync, the options you want is "-f --no-ver-shallow". That ignores versions for packages specified on the command line (while checking versions of any dependencies). Since this seems to be a common source of confusion, I might add an alias "--rebuild". Related:

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/tree/ … rcmp-devel

With aur-build, --makepkg-conf is there, it's just the short option "-M". Since all aurutils programs now support long options, expanding it to --makepkg-conf makes sense.

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/blob/ … chroot#L56

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Alad (2018-07-06 19:07:56)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#228 2018-07-06 23:48:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Alad wrote:

With aur-sync, the options you want is "-f --no-ver-shallow". That ignores versions for packages specified on the command line (while checking versions of any dependencies). Since this seems to be a common source of confusion, I might add an alias "--rebuild". Related:

Hope this helps.

Yes this would help. I couldn't grok the documentation so I end up using aur build when trying to do this.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#229 2018-07-09 18:29:11

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/issues/424

Quite simple to implement, but I'm super lazy. PRs welcome. smile

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#230 2018-08-04 23:58:14

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

Alad wrote:

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/issues/424

Quite simple to implement, but I'm super lazy. PRs welcome. smile

Implemented.

#231 2018-09-02 13:22:40

rasputin
Website

I don't have any questions.  Just praise. big_smile

I insalled this a while back but I couldn't understand it because I was used to the monolithic way of doing things (yaourt, aurman, etc).  But it just clicked with me now how powerful separating the certain functions are.  Thank you for making this!

Last edited by rasputin (2018-09-02 13:23:18)

Russia's greatest love macine
===============================
PGP Fingerprint: 55A0 40FD A46B DADB
gitlab

#232 2018-12-04 15:55:26

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

After almost 2 years, I've published a new aurutils release. Note 2.0.0rc differs significantly from 1.5.3, and as the rc suffix makes clear, is not as well tested as the previous release.

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/releases/tag/2.0.0rc

Preview of the 2.0 release. Note that this is all in an early (untested) state.

Non-inclusive list of changes:

A new design based on git(1). Programs are now run with the aur wrapper. For example, instead of /usr/bin/aursync you would run /usr/bin/aur sync, which calls /usr/lib/aurutils/aur-sync.
    Support for repose was removed. See https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 9#p1707649 for migration instructions.
    VCS packages are now supported through the aur-vercmp-devel program.
    Packages can now be built in a container without using a local repository. The relevant functionality was moved to aur-chroot.
    Fixes for known issues in 1.5.3.
    Support for bash completion. zsh completions are not yet supported; see #458.
    aur-sync now supports any file manager for file review, including GUI file managers. This is done through a new AUR_PAGER environment variable.
    aur-search has more colorful output in the "brief" format.
    aur-sync now fetches sources in parallel.
    aur-sync now supports makepkg -A.
    aur-sync now supports diffs for tar snapshots.
    aurcheck was replaced by aur-repo, a general tool to handle local repositories.
    aurqueue was expanded to support virtual and versioned dependencies, and moved to aur-graph.
    Support for aria2 and curl was removed, using wget as replacement.
    The officer program was removed; see aur(1) for a replacement.

See the milestone https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/milestone/30?closed=1 and commit list https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/compare/1.5 for a full overview.

Last edited by Alad (2018-12-04 15:56:38)

#233 2018-12-05 01:42:33

NuSkool

As a user and fan of aurutils, I'd like to express my gratitude towards Alad and everyone else who has contributed to it. This project seems to have taken AUR helpers to the next level, and best part is it's all in bash! Thanks!

Git cloned and in process of checking out the scripts. Looking forward to creating a new wrapper script around these updates.

Edit: correction.

I fetched the new scripts this morning with wget, not git.

Last edited by NuSkool (2018-12-05 02:17:52)

#234 2018-12-08 22:43:29

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

Thanks. smile

best part is it's all in bash! Thanks!

Well, it's the best and the worst aspect at the same time. Best because it's easy to reuse to combine and reuse existing utilities (jq, pacman, etc) through pipelines. Worst because bash being a command language with extremely loose typing and rudimentary data structures, even implementing basic algorithms can be highly challenging.

Maybe at some point I'll rewrite a few components in different languages (aur-graph is already written in AWK). C and LUA are my top candidates so far.

Last edited by Alad (2018-12-08 22:43:41)

Board footer