You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 21:20:17

FeatherInk

Latte-dock auto-start up delay & black frame issue

Hi there,

I'm using KDE 5.14.2 w/ Qt 5.11.2 and Plasma 5.

I have a problem with the latte-dock auto-startup functionality :

X Server starts
Background loads-up
Applications saved to cache (?) are loaded before Latte-dock
The screen becomes slightly unresponsive (but i can still move mouse) for some seconds with the apparition of a tiny black rectangle in the middle of the screen after background
Finally Latte Dock is started and loads the panels

I want to change this behaviour to basically a smooth start-up where, the screen only shows up once Latte has been loaded, and everything has been set correctly.

How should i address this ?

If there are any specific logs that i can provide you with, please tell me.
(?)  ( I don't know exactly where light apps like firefox are stored on system shutdown for it to instantly load on reboot)

Never stop learning !

#2 2021-03-21 16:16:59

cyborge

Re: Latte-dock auto-start up delay & black frame issue

FeatherInk wrote:

Hi there,

I'm using KDE 5.14.2 w/ Qt 5.11.2 and Plasma 5.

I have a problem with the latte-dock auto-startup functionality :

X Server starts
Background loads-up
Applications saved to cache (?) are loaded before Latte-dock
The screen becomes slightly unresponsive (but i can still move mouse) for some seconds with the apparition of a tiny black rectangle in the middle of the screen after background
Finally Latte Dock is started and loads the panels

I want to change this behaviour to basically a smooth start-up where, the screen only shows up once Latte has been loaded, and everything has been set correctly.

How should i address this ?

If there are any specific logs that i can provide you with, please tell me.
(?)  ( I don't know exactly where light apps like firefox are stored on system shutdown for it to instantly load on reboot)

Even I'm facing the same problem . Latte-dock gets zombied at startup . Have to close it and restart manually .
And after start up screen becomes unresponsive for some time , nothings seems to work n not even K - runner
plasma-desktop 5.21.3-1 latte-dock-git

#3 2021-03-21 17:43:54

d_fajardo

Re: Latte-dock auto-start up delay & black frame issue

@Featherlink how did you setup autostart? I think it's normal behavior for Latte to render after the background but I'm not sure why you're getting the black rectangle and the responsiveness. I don't have issues at all with Latte but it does come after rendering the background ans conky.

Check System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session. Make sure the Restore previous saved session or Restore manually saved session is unticked.

Board footer