You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-02 12:42:21

nightfrost

cannot print from gnome apps [solved while writing]

I have a most annoying problem. First of all gnome-cups-manager does not show any of the printer drivers I have installed. It does detect a printer that is attached to the computer, but when proceeding to choose driver, it finds nothing.

This problem is not that big a deal, since cups has a marvellous web interface that I'm using instead to add various printers.

The printers I've added work just fine from, say, firefox, openoffice and some other apps. But every and any application using the gnome print interface (e.g. epiphany, f-spot, evince, etc.) fail to show the printers. All they show is "Generic Postscript" and "Create a PDF Document".

EDIT: While writing this topic, I was recompiling libgnomeprint without disabling the cups module (which the official PKGBUILD does), and it works now. I don't know why libgnomeprint is compiled without support for cups. Weird if you ask me.

I'm posting this topic anyway, in case anyone else is having the same problem.

#2 2006-08-02 14:49:00

nightfrost

Re: cannot print from gnome apps [solved while writing]

Ah, this explains it: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … print+cups

Can't believe I missed that...

#3 2006-08-02 20:49:52

JGC
Developer

Re: cannot print from gnome apps [solved while writing]

Be sure to make yourself ready for gtkprint-cups also, as gnome 2.16 and many new applications will start to use the new GtkPrint API from GTK 2.10. We've done the same splitup there.

Board footer