You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-14 02:43:20

huzo11

vim as python IDE

Hello all,   
Hope you are all having a great day.  So I wanted to use vim as my python IDE, but rather than the syntax highlighting I wish it to have features such as autocompletion and suggestions. I currently use gvim. When I looked it up on the internet, there were various suggestions but I want to know your suggestions which is compatible in Arch. And as a bonus question, what about other languages such as C/Java?   

Thanks!

Be nice and live for others.
https://prismatically.blog

#2 2018-12-14 03:51:03

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: vim as python IDE

You can install vim-jedi for python, it is the same completion engine that powers python completions in several other text editors.

For other languages, you might want to take a look at YouCompleteMe (which also uses the jedi autocompletion engine for its own python support, actually).

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2018-12-14 05:04:26

huzo11

eschwartz wrote:

You can install vim-jedi for python, it is the same completion engine that powers python completions in several other text editors.

For other languages, you might want to take a look at YouCompleteMe (which also uses the jedi autocompletion engine for its own python support, actually).

YouCompleteMe seems great! For python, the autocompletion is marvelous. I have to dig deeper into how the autocomplete functions in other languages though because seemingly it is not automated.

Be nice and live for others.
https://prismatically.blog

#4 2018-12-15 20:22:22

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Take a look at languageserver with one of the multiple vim implementations, eg ale

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer