You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-21 14:58:25

FeatherInk

How to fix the lag when opening an online video-player in fullscreen ?

Hi,

I've been ignoring this little bug now since my latest re-installation, and it's starting to slightly annoy me.

Config :

• DE: Xfce 4.12

• Browser : Chromium 71.0

Description: A noticeable delay (1-1.5 sec) between the click, and the maximization of the video, resulting in an image freeze, but not sound.

A more visual decsription can be found here :
https://imgur.com/cGDxtdO

Does anybody know what's behind this behaviour, and how to fix it eventually ?

Regards

Never stop learning !

#2 2018-12-21 17:21:03

Ropid

Re: How to fix the lag when opening an online video-player in fullscreen ?

I'm guessing this is just the behavior of the web browser, and there's nothing wrong about your desktop environment that you can fix. For me here it seems going fullscreen on Youtube is faster in Firefox compared to Chromium so maybe it's just Chromium being weird.

#3 2018-12-22 18:55:00

c00ter

Ropid wrote:

I'm guessing this is just the behavior of the web browser, and there's nothing wrong about your desktop environment that you can fix. For me here it seems going fullscreen on Youtube is faster in Firefox compared to Chromium so maybe it's just Chromium being weird.

Same experience here, but only with YouTube (as per the OP's example) & Chromium. Netflix, on the other hand, expands near-instantly, so I would more likely blame the YouTube/Chromium combination, rather than Chromium per se. Like you I also do not have any lag expanding to fullscreen in YouTube in Firefox.

It is a simple annoyance at best.

Last edited by c00ter (2018-12-22 18:55:53)

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

#4 2018-12-22 21:58:49

seth

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/comm … be-viewer/
You also get HW accelerated playback.

Board footer