You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 17:59:51

Soukyuu

[Solved] tigerVNC systemd + Plasma: not starting in system mode

I've attempted to set up a vnc systemd service as described in the wiki.

When attempting to start the service with

sudo systemctl start vncserver@:1

the service starts, but I can not connect. Looking at journalctl I see that Plasma is crashing:

Jan 05 18:39:15 Yozora ksmserver[667]: This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: wayland-org.kde.kwin.qpa, eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

The weird thing is, if I start the same service as

systemctl --user start vncserver@:1

everything is starting just fine. The problem is that as described in the wiki, the server is getting killed once the user session ends.

Since it starts up just fine in user mode, it shouldn't be a driver issue. I have entered the correct user in the service file, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Is the information in the wiki outdated? Did I overlook something? Do you need any more information?

edit: It seems that the -fg parameter is for some reason very important. Once I added it, the system mode also works, so it was just over-optimizing on my part...

Last edited by Soukyuu (2019-01-05 18:17:37)

[ Arch x86_64 | linux | Framework 13 | AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U | 32GB RAM | KDE Plasma Wayland ]

Board footer