You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 14:27:27

Ulf

[UNSOLVED] DE buttons not responsive at start of session

Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue. Whenever I start a DE (lxqt, xfce) session from the cli using startx, I can open an application but then all the menus and buttons of the whole DE become unresponsive. I have to switch to, for example, tty2 and back to somehow "reset" the DE session. After switching system behaves as normal again. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I tried without systemd-logind, with lightDM, whitout, can't find anything useful in the logs (Xorg.0.log, .xsessions-log, dmesg) unless I missed something. And yes, probably a PEBCAK.

Cheers.

[EDIT1]: it seems to be the focus steal prevention option in Xfce (Settings -> Window Manager Tweaks -> Focus -> Activate focus stealing prevention). Turned this off and everything fine again.

[EDIT2]: and it is back again. Doesn't have to do with Xfce compositing, nor the focus stealing stuff. Maybe it is the kernel version though I tried (I think, since I did 40 reboots to check all kind of different mix of settings) it with 4.20 as well and it seemed to work...for a while apparently. Maddening!

Last edited by Ulf (2019-01-06 20:10:14)

#2 2019-01-06 08:48:29

wahsot

Re: [UNSOLVED] DE buttons not responsive at start of session

I might have a related issue, which occurs on linux 4.20.
Does downgrading to 4.19 make it work for you?

Board footer