You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-04 02:07:04

synthead

Power management for AMD Socket A mobile

I got a new laptop!!  It's a German knock-off brand, but it's really nice and minimalistic ... very awesome ...

So anyway, I would really like to get some kind of power management supoprt going on it, but I've never have a new enough laptop to consider it, so I'm not sure where to start.  Here are the specs in case you guys can get anything from them ...

http://www.uniwill.com/products/other/n341c2/N341C2.htm

So what do you guys think?  It doesn't do anything with the screen closed, and when it's running off the battery, the XFCE4 battery meter still thinks it's plugged into the wall tongue  So yeah, one time it just turned off at 0% battery, and I'm running xfs yikes  ha .. but no scars, so I'm good smile  I would really like to get all the power features enabled and configured on this laptop for proper power management and battery longetivity ...

Thank you everyone!

#2 2006-08-04 02:26:14

Gullible Jones

Re: Power management for AMD Socket A mobile

Install acpid and put it in rc.conf. There's also suspend-to-disk stuff somewhere, and cpufreqd + necessary modules for on-the-fly frequency adjustment.

#3 2006-08-05 00:53:54

synthead

I have the ACPI daemon running now ... nothing's different.  when I press down on the little screen button that tells the laptop when the lid is closed, nothing happens.  I'm beginning to think that the button is physically disconnected, but then again, it still thinks that it's plugged in when it's running off battery.  Not sure what to do ...  It runs off a VIA chipset if that helps ...  Thank you for the support!

#4 2006-08-07 11:27:20

synthead

hmmm ... been tinkering around, nothing yet tongue  It would be nice to manage the power on this burly laptop though so I'm gonna stick to looking around, any ideas?

#5 2006-08-07 14:25:41

Gullible Jones

There's also the powersave package in Unstable, which seems to have some kind of power management daemon... Maybe you should see how that works.

Board footer