You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-14 22:47:24

doomsday.wombats

[SOLVED] Non-streamed LZMA compression tool?

So I'm working on editing a boot image on a TV (to disable wifi...because I don't want it enabled...).

Anyways, the only thing preventing me from doing this is created an non-streamed lzma file.

From lzma man page:

Streamed vs. non-streamed .lzma files
       The uncompressed size of the file can be stored in the .lzma header.  LZMA Utils does that  when  com-
       pressing  regular files.  The alternative is to mark that uncompressed size is unknown and use end-of-
       payload marker to indicate where the decompressor should stop.   LZMA  Utils  uses  this  method  when
       uncompressed size isn't known, which is the case for example in pipes.

xz  supports decompressing .lzma files with or without end-of-payload marker, but all .lzma files cre-
       ated by xz will use end-of-payload marker and have uncompressed size marked as unknown  in  the  .lzma
       header.   This  may be a problem in some uncommon situations.  For example, a .lzma decompressor in an
       embedded device might work only with files that have known uncompressed size.  If you hit  this  prob-
       lem, you need to use LZMA Utils or LZMA SDK to create .lzma files with known uncompressed size.

Now, as far as I understand it, LZMA Utils is now XZ Utils. Does anyone know how to make a simple non-streamed LZMA file? How is it this difficult? Do I need to write my own software for this?

Sorry if I sound frustrated... sad

Last edited by doomsday.wombats (2019-01-15 01:19:21)

#2 2019-01-14 23:01:46

progandy

Re: [SOLVED] Non-streamed LZMA compression tool?

You should be able to use the old tools:
https://tukaani.org/lzma/

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2019-01-15 01:19:07

doomsday.wombats

Re: [SOLVED] Non-streamed LZMA compression tool?

Perfect! Thanks!

Board footer