You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-17 00:48:12

Jason P.

[SOLVED] Problem with media keys bindings in Ducky One 2

Hi,

I've configured some media keys in my recently purchased Ducky One 2 Horizon because they didn't work out of the box. I've followed the method explained here for binding the mute function to the combination of keys fn + "mute", a special media key above the numpad. This combination didn't work at all.

Trying to find a solution to the problem I've found this post about extra keyboard keys in Arch Linux. In my case N-Key Rollover is disabled and both Windows keys work fine. Digging more into the problem I've discovered with the help of showkeys and xev that any key press with fn key involved is totally ignored, like if it doesn't exist (no keycode, no event registered...).

I'm running out of ideas to test. Maybe those special media keys simply don't work on Linux... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jason P. (2019-01-30 13:52:27)

#2 2019-01-30 13:56:13

Jason P.

Re: [SOLVED] Problem with media keys bindings in Ducky One 2

I've solved this issue changing DIP 4 to off position (factory default) although N-Key Rollover doesn't work. Anyway, I don't need it hehe. I've also put the keyboard in USB 2.0 mode since it's plugged to that kind of port.

Now mute, volume up and volume down keys are working without problems and out of the box. No need to do any special binding.

Board footer