You are not logged in.

#26 2019-01-18 04:27:29

Batou

Re: [Solved] No sound out of Sound Blaster Z-series/Recon3D/Core3D card...

Ever since I upgraded to 4.20, I've noticed that I can't switch to SB-Z (headphone) output. I have an HDMI and SB-Z on this PC and after a reboot, SB-Z output is silent. The only fix it is to physically unplug the headphones from the card and plug them back in. Even if you use an extension cord for headphones, it's not enough to just unplug headphones from the extension cord and plug them back in. The connection at the back of the sound card has to be broken. I did try alsamixer and tried changing "Output Sel" but that didn't do anything. The only fix is to physically connect and then reconnect the the device plugged into the headphone output. Before 4.20 I had zero issues.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just my setup?

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#27 2019-01-18 20:16:18

Conmanx360

I haven't experienced this issue personally, but, do you have 'HP/Speaker Auto-detect' un-muted in alsamixer? If it isn't muted, output select won't do anything, as it uses jack detection instead of the output select control. Sometimes just toggling that mute control can fix the issue you're describing.

For what it's worth, this is also an issue I've heard appearing in Windows, even on newer cards. It may just be a hardware quirk that sometimes requires the commands for output switching to be ran twice sometimes.

Anyways, try the HP/Speaker auto-detect thing and let me know if it does anything.

#28 2019-01-19 01:10:41

Batou

Conmanx360 wrote:

I haven't experienced this issue personally, but, do you have 'HP/Speaker Auto-detect' un-muted in alsamixer? If it isn't muted, output select won't do anything, as it uses jack detection instead of the output select control. Sometimes just toggling that mute control can fix the issue you're describing.

For what it's worth, this is also an issue I've heard appearing in Windows, even on newer cards. It may just be a hardware quirk that sometimes requires the commands for output switching to be ran twice sometimes.

Anyways, try the HP/Speaker auto-detect thing and let me know if it does anything.

Thanks so much Conmanx360 for reading and replying! I've tried few options in alsamixer so I'm not sure what it was set before I booted. I'm now certain that it's set to Autodetect (see pic below) and I'll report back when I reboot. I can't reboot right now because I'm downloading and it's going slowly.

I hop the rest of my options are properly set:

https://i.imgur.com/gsS5sHB.png

moderator edit -- replaced oversized image with link.
Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2020-10-14 22:22:18)

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#29 2020-10-14 19:13:54

volker.raschek

Hello folks,
I know that this thread is almost one year old but I have also a problem with my SBZ on a newer linux kernel.

The sound output works great but my mikrofon does not work when I connect it directly with the sound card via 3,5 jack. I get no input.

Is there any one with the same problem or any one with a solution?

I have the sound card Sound Blaster Z and the latest linux kernel 5.8.14.

If more information required about my sound card or my system don't hesitate to ask me.

Many greetings
Volker

#30 2020-10-14 22:20:47

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

volker.raschek wrote:

Hello folks,
I know that this thread is almost one year old but I have also a problem with my SBZ on a newer linux kernel.

Not only is the thread old, but it is marked solved. Please don't add your support request to an old solved thread. Open your own thread and link back to this one if you think it applies.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping%22

Closing.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer