You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-21 17:09:12

jschuster
Website

Error in mediawiki update.php script after 1.31.1-1 -> 1.32.0-1 upgrad

After running a full system upgrade (pacman -Syu), I ran the maintenance/update.php script for mediawiki as instructed and got the following error:

[810b51d533c862720903963c] [no req]   Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1496 of /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading? 
Query: UPDATE IGNORE "externallinks" SET el_index_60 = 'http://com.grammatech./' WHERE el_id = '1'
Function: PopulateExternallinksIndex60::doDBUpdates
Error: 42P01 ERROR:  relation "ignore" does not exist
LINE 1: ...xternallinksIndex60::doDBUpdates schu@atlantis */ IGNORE "ex...
                                                             ^

Backtrace:
#0 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1466): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->makeQueryException(string, string, string, string)
#1 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1226): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->reportQueryError(string, string, string, string, boolean)
#2 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(2112): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->query(string, string)
#3 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/maintenance/populateExternallinksIndex60.php(76): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->update(string, array, array, string, array)
#4 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/maintenance/Maintenance.php(1698): PopulateExternallinksIndex60->doDBUpdates()
#5 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/installer/DatabaseUpdater.php(1374): LoggedUpdateMaintenance->execute()
#6 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/installer/DatabaseUpdater.php(485): DatabaseUpdater->populateExternallinksIndex60()
#7 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/includes/installer/DatabaseUpdater.php(449): DatabaseUpdater->runUpdates(array, boolean)
#8 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/maintenance/update.php(203): DatabaseUpdater->doUpdates(array)
#9 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/maintenance/doMaintenance.php(94): UpdateMediaWiki->execute()
#10 /usr/share/webapps/mediawiki/maintenance/update.php(248): require_once(string)
#11 {main}

Any idea what might be going wrong? I've run the same script for plenty of updates in the past with no issues.

Could it have something to do with the lack of php 7.3 support in mediawiki?

I'm happy to report this upstream to mediawiki as well if that's a more appropriate place, but I thought I'd start here.

#2 2019-01-21 22:13:46

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: Error in mediawiki update.php script after 1.31.1-1 -> 1.32.0-1 upgrad

According to this bug, maybe it's simply incompatible: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61070

But it's unclear what might or might not be an issue, since the new version was supposed to add compatibility.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer