You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-21 20:21:45

hashstat

Bluetooth mouse pointer stops moving

I have a Logitech M-RBB93 Bluetooth mouse that I've been successfully using for years with Arch on a Lenovo ThinkPad T520 with a built-in Intel Bluetooth radio. My new work laptop is a Dell Precision 5520, with Intel Wireless 8265/8275 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, and I'm having trouble getting the mouse working properly.

I followed the Bluetooth guide on the Wiki and installed bluez and bluez-utils and enabled bluetooth.service. The mouse connects to the computer and works, but after about two seconds sitting still the pointer will no long move. After a button is pressed, everything works fine again until the mouse sits for another two seconds. Then, once again, I have to click a button or spin the wheel to get the pointer tracking again. The buttons and mouse wheel respond instantly.

I'm assuming I need to modify some configuration file somewhere and enable/disable some feature to get this working properly, but I'm not sure where that would be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 2018-03-26 22:08:32

pixelyte

Re: Bluetooth mouse pointer stops moving

Same here and I've even got the same mouse and card!

Tried toggling bt_coex module option. Using different iwlwifi 8265 firmware versions. Solutions which were suggested by the other topic on the bbs.

So I tested with another old bluetooth dongle. Lo and behold it works. The weird thing is: on the Intel controller, when trying to move the mouse after a few seconds of inactivity, the cursor moves a tiny bit before it stops. While on the other controller it hesitates for a moment before moving. The complete opposite! Could it be that the Logitech mouse or the controller goes to sleep after some time of inactivity and just the Intel handles it badly?

The thing is that it used to work about a year ago. I suspect a kernel update may have caused this.

Last edited by pixelyte (2018-03-26 23:36:03)

#3 2019-01-21 20:39:41

hashstat

This is still an issue for me. I've tried all sorts of things suggested on the wiki, including bluez-hid2hci and several autosuspend tricks, but nothing has worked.

@pixelyte, were you able to get your mouse working?

#4 2019-01-21 22:52:57

pixelyte

@hashstat, Unfortunately not.

Tried it in Ubuntu and there's no change. It must be that the mouse is old and doesn't work well with newer controllers, requiring a more involved modification to the controllers behaviour when connected.

#5 2022-12-19 11:05:57

elbowz

Same issue with same logitech M-RBB93 Bluetooth mouse, i'm on a thinkpad p14s. I have found with lshw the device "AX200 Bluetooth".

I have tried to following the instruction in the wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/blueto … leshooting) without succes.

The bug seems really the same:

> "...when trying to move the mouse after a few seconds of inactivity, the cursor moves a tiny bit before it stops..."

Anyone have found a solution in the mainwhile?

Thanks!

Board footer